We Really Need A Central Frr Ts Server.

9 replies to this topic

#1 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

Just a thought - we should probably get a central TS server going so that the various units can coordinate. I know lately I've had very poor attendance with my unit because of the delay in CW's deployment and what not. I'm expecting an uptick over coming months as new features are released. However, that said, often-times I can field 1-2 full lances but am left with a half lance or even one spare oddball.

When I did competitive black powder shooting we'd 'farm' these guys out to other friendly teams (or get farmed, if we had insufficient team members avail).

Anyone know of a good TS /Vent/etc server we could establish for centralization?

I should note I'm pretty limited on funds myself so other than taking up a collection with my guys it's probably going to fall on someone else's shoulders unless there's something preexisting. :X

Edited by Gevurah, 30 August 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#2 NoClass

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

There is something uniquely charming about a house comprised of decentralized warbands. The allthing "moot" fits brilliantly, representing the challenge of organizing the hordes. My vote is no.

#3 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

While I agree with you on a theoretical level, even unorganized militias would still get together to do one big brawl if necessary :D

With CW on the horizon, we're likely going to be required to be able to drop 12 at various spots on a regular basis. I don't know about you, but shy of recruiting another dozen or so (since about half of that will be active, and about a half of THAT will be 'highly active') I probably won't be able to field that regularly. Even then, I'll still have numerous demi-companies which won't be able to do more than PUG.

#4 NoClass

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

Please explain this 12 man drop requirement in relation to community warfare.

#5 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

Basically the way I understand it from what I've read, this is how community warfare is going to be staged:

Planet/objective
* units in question
* arranged time/date
- requires 12v12
- MIGHT add lone wolves/merc corps depending on how many are missing and specifics of contract

Can't really bank on that though. Somewhere I remember seeing a dev saying 12v12 arranged matches were effectively going to be the core of CW. From a unit commander standpoint, that means I am best disposed to provide all 12 or as close to 12 as possible. The rest being 'friendlies' would be ideal. I don't want 4 random pubbies in a battle for territory/resources. It's too unpredictable; albeit better than nothing.

#6 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

I've been wondering, that one part has been talken is Frac vs Frac. So are we able to construct centralized strike teams from different units, best of the best, or will it be that MM just throws 12 randoms from same fraction to sides?

#7 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostGevurah, on 30 August 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Basically the way I understand it from what I've read, this is how community warfare is going to be staged:

Planet/objective
* units in question
* arranged time/date
- requires 12v12...

That's kinda what I thought, too. We'd receive a challenge for a planet we own, and we'd have a certain amount of time to respond. (Like what the clannerds call a Trial of Possession.) This being a realtime game, we'd need to schedule the battle. If we can't schedule when to get 12 of our people together, we default on the challenge, and concede the planet to the challengers.

The smaller units would have a hard time answering a challenge at all.

Owning a planet and receiving a challenge may be specific to a unit. Even so, if the 1st RDR (for example) receives a challenge, and can't assemble 12 players at the scheduled time, it would be great if we could borrow from a pool of FRR players. I can see where the CW system could easily distinguish whether all the players were with the FRR. I doubt it will matter if they're all members of the 1st RDR.

In the worst-case scenario: if we get players from the pool that we've never played with, and we can't coordinate well enough to win, at least we're putting up a fight and not losing by default.

#8 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

The Mariks have something like that called the "Gunfighter Alliance", a central collective through which Marik units can borrow players from each other to fill out teams for organized matches. It might be worth looking into if there are several consistent FRR units once CW gets up and running.

#9 Ivaneus

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

If you really want to set up a faction voice chat use RaidCall. You can have a server with plenty of rooms for up to 50 people for free with almost no work at all to set it up. And RaidCall is my second favorite VoIP program of the major ones (Ventrilo comes in first, TeamSpeak Third, and Mumble is fourth and last).

Oh and getting people on the server is even easier than any of the other options. Just give them the eight digit group number and have them put that in the search box or name it something appropriate about Rasalhague and put the group name in the search box and you'll be there.

#10 Norhiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 958 posts
  • LocationBogota, Colombia

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hi Guys!!

Why you dont use the TS Server "No Guts No Galaxy"?
Web Page: http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net/

TS3 Server: NGNG Outreach Server
Adress: voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992
Password: mechwarrior

They have there a section for all the innersphere, only you see there house kurita.
Talk with one Admin to give some of us the Admin acess to create that channel and ready !!!

You have a TS3 server and in this TS3 server, come a lot of people.

Edited by Norhiak, 10 September 2013 - 04:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users