- - - - -

Anti-Virus Program

9 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

Hi,

Which anti-virus programs cause the least problems with MWO? I've seen that Avast! and even AVG seem to have problems with this game.

#2 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

I run Norton with no problems at all. It's easy enough to disable temporarily while installing things if needed, but I don't believe I needed to for MWO.

#3 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:23 AM

I use AVG and never had a problem with it and MWO.

#4 Cybermech

Tool

• 2,097 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

using windows 7, use microsoft security essentials.
both avast and avg have there own problems.

#5 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

Not all AMD based systems with Avast have issues. I have that exact system, and no issues. But I do know that the issue does exist on other systems.

#6 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostEnsaine, on 02 September 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

Not all AMD based systems with Avast have issues. I have that exact system, and no issues. But I do know that the issue does exist on other systems.

AVG and Avast work just fine. The recent AVG poster, well lets just say I doubt it was AVGs fault. Avast only screws things up in a very limited number of cases with AMD processors.

#7 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:04 AM

I do not advocate changing an AV programs settings unless you talk to the company first. I had the Avast/AMD issue and contacted Avast. I asked if the one workaround -- "turning of "hardware-assisted virtualization" would impact Avast from doing its job and they said no.

The game works fine, but this does not absolve PGI from finding out where their coding is bad.

#8 TyrEol

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

I don't have a problem with AVG (2013) free and this game, windows 7 64 bit.

#9 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

I have found that what works (or doesn't) on one computer may or may not work (or not) on even a duplicate PC

-Me and my brother bought the same computer at the store - gave it the same upgrade (same graphics cards, etc...) and our computers both behave very differently.

His AV blocks stuff on his that mine doesn't - my games bug out in ways his have yet to.

- over the years I have come to conclude we do not know near as much about computers as we think we do... :)

#10 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 02 September 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

I have found that what works (or doesn't) on one computer may or may not work (or not) on even a duplicate PC

-Me and my brother bought the same computer at the store - gave it the same upgrade (same graphics cards, etc...) and our computers both behave very differently.

His AV blocks stuff on his that mine doesn't - my games bug out in ways his have yet to.

- over the years I have come to conclude we do not know near as much about computers as we think we do... :)

This - i have up to 3 (atm 2) exactly similar Computers for the Family and not one is behaving like the other.

PS: My AMD+Avast! runs well and doesnt trouble me - for me its the opposite as other AVPs more or less occasionally make troubles - AVG, Norton and Kaspersky allways seem to have their issues with me.

Edited by Thorqemada, 02 September 2013 - 08:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users