6 replies to this topic

#1 Igchy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 94 posts
  • LocationBKK , Thailand (Not Taiwan)

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

I'm not new to this game.I think i know almost if not everything about this game BUT...

Today someone just tell me that LRM do less damage under 300 meters.

Is it true? If it is where is information about it?

#2 Psikez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

No damage under 180m
180-1000m full damage

#3 Baba Yogi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 452 posts
  • LocationIstanbul

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

they do zero damage under 180 meters, thats it. They dont get their damage reduced, if you fire them to a target over their max range they just explode

#4 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

Hiya

No LRMS do there reg damage whenever they hot with one exception.

The warheads need 180 meters to arm so up until that point they will bounce off stuff without exploding (Try it in the testing grounds)

Also to use LRM's right you must maintain the target lock until the end of the flight of the shot where possible. If you score a hit your crosshairs will flash red indicating you damaged the target with the salvo.

Hope that helps - Cas

#5 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

As stated, the don't arm until 180m, and self-detonate at 1000m. I don'tknow if the detonation at 1000m can actually do damage, but its unlikely that even if they did that a situation where it would happen will actually arise.

If you're new to the game, and LRM-boating, do two things. First, turn off arm lock. Probably the best way to learn how to operate your arms separately from the main torso is by locking on with LRMs. Even if the LRMs aren't in the arms, they can still lock on as long as the target reticule is over a targeted enemy (can do through cover as well). Its useful in its own right and it'll prepare you for using mechs with direct-fire loadouts. As a LRM-boat, though, its use is that it allows you to more quickly lock onto enemies, and to lock onto enemies that are outside of your torso's twisting range, which is particularly useful when you're moving.

Second, if you can fit it, use a TAG. The thing can be very, very useful. Has a range up to 750m, makes missile lock-on much faster, and if you're outside the 180m ECM range of a mech with ECM activated, you can lase it so that other mechs can target it and be notified of its presence, as well as targeting it with LRMs which otherwise would be useless.

Edited by MarsAtlas, 11 September 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#6 Igchy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 94 posts
  • LocationBKK , Thailand (Not Taiwan)

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

Yeah that's what i thought.Imagine when u have played over 6000 matches then someone tell u something u didnt already know ,its really surprising.

Thx for the answers.

Edited by Igchy, 11 September 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#7 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostCaswallon, on 11 September 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Hiya

No LRMS do there reg damage whenever they hot with one exception.

The warheads need 180 meters to arm so up until that point they will bounce off stuff without exploding (Try it in the testing grounds)

Also to use LRM's right you must maintain the target lock until the end of the flight of the shot where possible. If you score a hit your crosshairs will flash red indicating you damaged the target with the salvo.

Hope that helps - Cas

As Caswallon says the missiles need to *FLY* 180m before deal dmg.

If you fire them at someone at 100m but runs away from you and missiles physically hit at 180+ they'll deal dmg
If you fire them at someone at 200-300 meters as example but they get into 180m before the missiles physically impact no dmg.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users