Theorycrafting: Wvr-6R "wagner"

9 replies to this topic

#1 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...19ea3677627ac97
It's primary job is either for Light-mech hunting or Direct fire Support with it's autocannon. It accels well in the Light-Mech hunter roll as well as quick squirmisher, Head-hunter or general protector of the LRM boats in your party.
x1 UAC/5
x1 MPL
x3 SSRM-2s
Painted Green-to-Blue

#2 Alpha087

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Just don't get shot in the right torso...

#3 Moonraven83

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1dacae61ec8385d

optimized Brenden's Design
Endo-Steel instead of FF
reposition of the Ammo
reduced Ammo 1t each (at least Steak-Ammo was to much)
added Heatsinks for Critpadding (and better cooling)
added 2 Jumpjets
changed Pulse to regular
added BAP

Edited by Moonraven83, 11 September 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#4 justjay

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

it's terrible. awful, horrible, disturbingly bad. aside from taking FF rather than endo (why?), the ammo locations, the weapon choices... it doesn't 'accel' at hunting light mechs when light mechs are 50% faster than you and can be completely out of your weapon range (aside from a single uac 5, but good luck hitting) in less than 5 seconds, even if they start right on top of you. I'm not even going to mention the fact that you're going to have slow torso twist to get the streak lock.

at the very least, you'd want a much better engine, not to mention a complete weapons overhaul...of course, you'd simply be better off getting an entirely different mech to do the job.

back to the drawing boards, or scrap your 'light hunter' idea for the wolverine.

#5 Moonraven83

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

justjay:
if a Light isn't 50% faster as a Medium then it isn't a Light, i agree on the FF and ammo location
being bad but with a bigger engine he would sacrefice to much, Cent's and Hunch's can't be faster
as he would be and the quirks Medium's lately got surely will be in the Wolverine as well
(faster torso twist then other Mechs relativ to tonnage and engine-size)

Edited by Moonraven83, 11 September 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#6 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

Sorry, it's my first time using the 'mech lab and I haven't really been playing - mostly because my computer can't handle it! Is it that bad?

#7 John Buford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Yup its pretty bad. While I am not a vetern I can explain why it needed some changes.
1) The Ammo location is bad beacuse if it gets crited it will blow and take out your XL engine. So you need to store it other places or get some CASE

2) Nothing Wong with Ferro Fiberous armour but the Endo Steel is better since it saves more weight.

3) With your Streaks you need the Beagle Active Probe (BAP) so that you can lock onto stuff quicker especialy fast moving lights.

But hey the reason you post stuff here is to learn and hopefully you have.

#8 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostJohn Buford, on 11 September 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Yup its pretty bad. While I am not a vetern I can explain why it needed some changes.
1) The Ammo location is bad beacuse if it gets crited it will blow and take out your XL engine. So you need to store it other places or get some CASE

2) Nothing Wong with Ferro Fiberous armour but the Endo Steel is better since it saves more weight.

3) With your Streaks you need the Beagle Active Probe (BAP) so that you can lock onto stuff quicker especialy fast moving lights.

But hey the reason you post stuff here is to learn and hopefully you have.

A bit, still going at it. Just for GP... I wonder if I can cram an AC/20 onto a Locust...

#9 Country Gravy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

Light hunter

#10 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Some extra notes on Buford's advice:

Ammo is best places in the legs (it's much rarer to lose a leg then your side torso or an arm) and/or the head (headshots are a rarity, the chances of your ammo being critted there is close to nill).

That being said ammo explosions are very rare (10% chance on receiving 10 points of crit damage, a rare enough occurrence on its own and 10% chance when the component they're in is destroyed). So it's not really something to worry about.

As for CASE, it doesn't work at all with XL engines. When ammo (or a gauss rifle) explodes it does damage to the section it's in, then any left over damage is done to the next component (arms/legs > side torso > center torso). CASE doesn't prevent explosion damage, only the excess damage moving to the next component after the side torso the CASE is placed in is destroyed. As you die when you lose a side torso with an XL engine it serves no function whatsoever.

Although it's correct that BAP is very important for mechs using streaks they do not allow you to lock on quicker. BAP increases your radar range and decreases the amount of time between hitting 'r' to target an enemy and you acquiring their information (armour, chassis, weapons, etc). Why BAP is so important for streaks though is that it disables one enemy ECM unit within 180 metres and allows you to target shut down mechs <180m as well. Seeing as streaks can't be fired at targets under ECM or shut down normally that's a big advantage.

On a side note, you don't really have space for a TAG laser on your build, and NARC is almost always a poor choice, but you can equip an Artemis system to increase your lock on speeds. Artemis isn't supposed to effect streaks, but it's a known bug that it does.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users