I Want Sales That Don't Involve Real Money

7 replies to this topic

#1 Kermut

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

See the title- take a clue from Wargaming/Gaijin/almost every other MMO and offer us sales that involve in game credits, not actual cash.

OFC there is like a 0.0000001% chance of this happening, which is a major reason I don't play this game much at all.

#2 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Yet here you are, still posting.

#3 Master Maniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 373 posts
  • LocationKentucky, United States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Good point, bad way to present it. Having the occasional C-Bill based sale would be a good idea, and make more frugal players feel more involved.

#4 Kermut

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostBiglead, on 21 September 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Yet here you are, still posting.

Notice I have 7 posts. That is my emotional investment in this game. Every month or so I come back to see if there have been any major changes/improvements....and honestly it just seems to be getting worse (3pv, coolshot, ghost heat).

#5 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

I could agree with this, even if i look at it from a different angle.

c-bill sales on mechs, good idea, perhaps do one chassis per month where all the variants go on sale, not much id say max 20-25% and people could work on a chassis.

this would, have the intended side effect of driving more mechbay sales and so in turn could generate more additional real revenue for them. Add in a hero mech sale for mc at the same time and it would probably drive more actual cash sales (in dollars) than the current flavor of mc only mech sales.

#6 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

If the match rewards stay more or less where they are (there's no real announcement of bonuses to be added in yet to promote role warfare), having actual sales for C-bill related purchases would actually get SOME semblance of player retainment by reducing their grind substantially... even if the discount is 10-15% of the normal C-bill cost.

Otherwise, watching newbies get frustrated in trying to get the 2nd variant of a mech is not the most encouraging thing at all.

The little things add up to eventually PGI getting rewarded with real purchases. There is truly no microtransactions in this game beyond mechbays. That is the reality of the situation.

#7 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

get a job?

#8 Kermut

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 22 September 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

Otherwise, watching newbies get frustrated in trying to get the 2nd variant of a mech is not the most encouraging thing at all.

^. The way the current sales work has me pretty much equating buying a new mech with spending real cash, which I am unwilling to do.

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 22 September 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

get a job?

If you want to be a true believer and throw endless amounts of cash at the game go ahead, you probably don't deserve to have money anyway. I paid $120 to found this game (which is WAY more than other games I play cost) and yet I feel like I get nickled and dimed for additional features.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users