Gauss Instructions

6 replies to this topic

#1 Lishta

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMy Living Room

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

Any chance we could get some sort of on screen instructions on how gauss works now?
I was spectating a trail Atlas who was firing his medium lasers at the two enemy mechs attacking him and he hadn't fired his gauss once. Not a single gauss round was missing. I'm wondering if he/she had no idea how to get it to work. I know there's a small green indicator for when it's charging etc but in the heat of battle when you're new you probably have no idea about charging it up or losing charge within a certain time. I think this should be explained somehow in game as not everyone reads the forums.

#2 The Familt Ghost

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Not to be flippant, but anyone who played HLDM1 knows exactly how to handle a gauss. :)

#3 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostLishta, on 25 September 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Any chance we could get some sort of on screen instructions on how gauss works now?
I was spectating a trail Atlas who was firing his medium lasers at the two enemy mechs attacking him and he hadn't fired his gauss once. Not a single gauss round was missing. I'm wondering if he/she had no idea how to get it to work. I know there's a small green indicator for when it's charging etc but in the heat of battle when you're new you probably have no idea about charging it up or losing charge within a certain time. I think this should be explained somehow in game as not everyone reads the forums.

When i started playing this game i was like WTF is going on and i been playing MW games for a long time . Just like with any game it takes time to learn how to play it .

I think PGi could at least max armor for triel mechs .

#4 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostThe Familt Ghost, on 25 September 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Not to be flippant, but anyone who played HLDM1 knows exactly how to handle a gauss. :)

I don't even know what HLDM1 is :D

#5 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

This goes further than Gauss. A lot of game features, like heat, weapon, or equipment behaviour, are not explained anywhere in the UI. This is not a feature suggestion, this is reporting an unfinished product.

#6 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

Stuff like this is needed for lots of things in this game. I really hope they expand those tutorials soon, we need some for heat, weapons (or at least weapon classes) and electronics.

On top of that, what's really missing is a compendium database about every weapon with its perks, every mech with its quirks and every (lol) gamemode. And everything accessible in menu and ingame, that would help a lot.

Oh, HLDM1 is half-life deathmatch and there's a charge weapon. What was forgotten to mention is, every weapon had two firing modes and there was a campaign which trained you for multiplayer.

#7 The Familt Ghost

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

HLDM1 was...great.

I use the gauss for long range fire support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users