Self Destruct Module

7 replies to this topic

#1 Spooooky

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

As the title clearly states i think a self destruct module would be a perfect addition to the game
i often find myself and my allies struck down to nothing but a husk, weaponless and still looking for a way to help the team.

a self destruct module would allow for perhaps only specific mechs or maybe allow for damage dependent on tonnage or engine size to inflict a last ditch amount of damage to help their team in a heroic display of explosive fury!

sounds awesome in my opinion

what about yours?

#2 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

sounds like a Griefers paradise.

game starts, runs into middle of own team.. BOOM!

#3 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

I suppose, CW will deliver tools to punish traitors...

Like that idea.

#4 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

I'm all for it. But only if they include Betty's "Self-destruct sequence ... initiated"-line from MW2.. :angry:

To prevent abuse, this feature could be locked for the first 2 or 3 minutes of a match and could also be restricted to Mechs with catastrophic damage (like lost leg/zombie). It should also result in stat-/C-Bill/XP-penalties.

Besides: We have had the ability to wreak havoc like this for quite a while.. just pop an artillery/air strike inside your own team. Speaking of which: How about they made self-destruct into a seperate module you'd have to unlock, buy and fit onto your Mech (sacrificing a module-slot)?

S.

Edited by 1Sascha, 07 October 2013 - 03:26 AM.

#5 Gaan Cathal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

View Post1Sascha, on 07 October 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

Besides: We have had the ability to wreak havoc like this for quite a while.. just pop an artillery/air strike inside your own team.

That's hardly "wreaking havoc". You'll scratch the paint on a couple of friendly assaults, at best.

#6 Spooooky

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

it certainly wouldnt have to do CRAZY amounts of damage, but itd be a cool feature

#7 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

I think that you should be able to dump massive amounts of H2 into the reactor if your Mech meets a certain number of conditions (i.e, legged, no weapons, x meters from nearest ally)

#8 RandomLurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

Been there, done that (MW4).

It means a light mech with no armor is more dangerous then a heavy mech with full weapons- they hug your les, and you can't shoot them without killing yourself. Not good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users