- - - - -

Game Play

How do I get In How do I get in

8 replies to this topic

#1 Demonon

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

I have downloaded this game to my laptop, but for some reason beyond me I can't seem to
get into anything past the download screen. Please tell me how to solve this issue. I have been a fan of this game from the day the PC version came to life and would love to get back into battle.

#2 Corison

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

More info required... Did you install the game? Did you try to launch it? What if any error messages are you seeing? Did you try to run the repair tool?

Depending on the age and power of your laptop you may have trouble getting it to run. I play frequently on one of mine but it runs very hot (surprise surprise.)

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

You may be missing some software. Download direct x 9 and the newest Microsoft runtime.

You may need to share your laptop specs. This game is often not laptop-friendly

Download the patcher (the executable you download from the website)
Run the patcher.
Press the big blue "patch" button in the patcher.
Press the big blue "play" button when patching has finished

#4 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

I can tell you that I tried running this on my ThinkPad T500 with a Radeon HD3650 GPU, and the best I can get is the lobby screen. The second I try to launch into a match, either the program crashes, or the laptop goes into sleep mode (overheating, perhaps?). This is on Windows 7 64-bit with 8GB of memory.

Typically, this laptop will play about any game I install on it, albeit often at lower graphics settings. MWO may just require more horsepower than the typical laptop older than a year or two can produce.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Have you seen this screen?
Posted Image

If not, you have yet to "start" the game.

Be aware that the game is very graphics intensive.
Posted Image

If your computer sports below 400 for GT cards or 5000 for Radeon HD cards... or if you have an "Intel HD Graphics," you will not likely be able to run this game well if at all.

#6 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

This game pushes my 5-6 year old computer that runs on Vista fairly well. I get around 20-30 FPS at lowest graphics, and that's after I upgraded my graphics card and memory ram (as I found some ram sticks hanging around for me to use).

I'd probably have to say, if you never get out of the lobby screen and are stuck in a black or loading screen, that your computer probably can't handle the game. System specks (at the time of the thread's creation) was posted here: http://mwomercs.com/...ments-released/ It sounds accurate enough.

#7 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Okay I'm going to write up the steps you needed to do in order to get to the Lobby so you can start playing with the Trial Mechs.

1. You see that there is this awesome game with big, stompy robots (with real Awesomes). You see the blue Play for Free button and press it.

2. You come up with a Pilot Name and a Password.

3. You download the Patcher. At this point in time you can also claim you 1 day of Premium Time (do this). Be sure to have your ad blocker off or you won't see the offer.

4. You launch the Patcher by clicking on the Mech Warrior Online icon on the left side of your screen.

5. The Patcher should have a big blue button on the bottom right side. If it says Patch, select that and then wait... for a very long time. If it says Launch, select it and you should start getting the animations stuff and then the sign in screen (of which there is a screen shot in the above posts).

6. Once in the lobby, you have several options.

Some will tell you to go to the little button on the bottom left side of your screen and select Options so you can take off 3rd person view, Arm Lock, and Throttle Decay. (By "some" I mean all vets here on the forums).

After that, it would be good for you if you then go to the little button by the big, blue Launch button at then go to the Movement tutorial so you at least know how to pilot a mech.

After all that, go to Mechlab. On the left side of the screen there should be two options "Owned Mechs" and "Trial Mechs" unless you have used real money to buy a mech (like Sarah's Jenner) you most likely do not have a mech yet. So choose Trial Mechs, on the bottom of the screen should be 4 mech pictures, choose one and then you can hit the big, blue button that says Launch which will put you directly into your first game.

7. VERY IMPORTANT: Be aware that your C-Bill earnings (In game currency) will be INFLATED (you earn more) for the first 25 matches you play. This is so you can save up for your first mech. DO NOT and I mean DO NOT go crazy and just choose any mech. Come back to the forums and ASK for help in choosing your first mech. If you have some idea on what you like, add that to your first post. This way the vets can make better suggestions so you can enjoy the game.

EDIT: slight changes, added a word and broke up the wall of text a little

Edited by Johnny Marek Summers, 11 October 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#8 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

View PostJOHNDRE1982, on 10 October 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

I have downloaded this game to my laptop, but for some reason beyond me I can't seem to
get into anything past the download screen. Please tell me how to solve this issue. I have been a fan of this game from the day the PC version came to life and would love to get back into battle.

I just want to reiterate here based on your description:

You downloaded the patcher right? Ok, you are done with this website then. The game is NOT a browser game. Open your folder to wherever you saved the file and run it. It will install the Patcher. Then, run the Patcher (with Admin priviledges). Then follow the other directions listed above. The patcher will download the files you need (this will take a long time initially depending on your connection speed) once you hit the Patch button (you can't miss it). This is also the file you need to run every time to load the game.

Edit: Had to clarify some things.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 11 October 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#9 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostKoniving, on 10 October 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

If your computer sports below 400 for GT cards or 5000 for Radeon HD cards... or if you have an "Intel HD Graphics," you will not likely be able to run this game well if at all.

Quick note:
GT320 runs it perfectly fine. On lowest settings (except for textures, because lowest textures hurt my eyes), but still smooth enough to play a Jenner and kill 4 big guys :(
Then again I play stuff like Dwarf Fortress with original graphics, so I'm probably not the best reference concerning eye candy...

Edited by Denolven, 11 October 2013 - 05:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users