- - - - -

Cant Change Camo On Standard Pheonix Variants?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Razzoth

Rookie

• The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I got the pheonix package and it doesnt show that i can change the camo for the standard variants to anything besides hotrod?

#2 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Do you own any other camos for any chassis? If not, then that's the only one available, since it's the only one you own.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

I can explain this one.

Truth be told, PGI hasn't had the time to do the actual textures of the skins beyond the Locust.

The Shadowhawk skins will unlock next month. The Thunderbolt the month after. The Battlemaster after that.

#4 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

View Postzacco5, on 15 October 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

I got the pheonix package and it doesnt show that i can change the camo for the standard variants to anything besides hotrod?

Nope...they are treated like Hero Mechs for camo.

It annoys me too...I'd rather forego the "special" camo. But I think it is because they have unique geometry. So all the camo patterns would need to be customized for them special, and it is too much time and work.

I believe the normal camo patterns are available for the standard variants, because they use normal geometry. It might be that you need to buy additional camo for it to be equipped though. If they can't use normal camo patterns, it might be because they are not officially released yet...only people with Phoenix packages can use them right now.

View PostKoniving, on 15 October 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Truth be told, PGI hasn't had the time to do the actual textures of the skins beyond the Locust.

Case in point...the Locust is the only one officially released so far.

Edited by Sadistic Savior, 16 October 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

All of the mechs released recently do not get complete camo selection until the regular variants are available for c-bills. I'm sure additional camo options will come online next month for the Shadowhawk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users