You Know I Wouldnt Mind Pay2Play For This Game

6 replies to this topic

#1 Whatzituyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

That's right I would pay $15 a month for this game just have a bundle a premium time and some MC you can grind while you play great idea on my part.

#2 Hythos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLOS ANGELES, er, I mean Dustball

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

IF they already had the slew of features we've been waiting on... with additional bonuses for customer loyalty... then possibly.

#3 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostHythos, on 18 October 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

IF they already had the slew of features we've been waiting on... with additional bonuses for customer loyalty... then possibly.

But what IF they do? See how I turned that around?

Edited by Whatzituyah, 18 October 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#4 Hythos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLOS ANGELES, er, I mean Dustball

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yep; there was quite a bit of talk about a pay-system 2? years ago while still in Closed Beta. I think that lost significant steam when we were supposed to have Merc Unit Logos, and first-iteration Community Warfare Nov / Dec last year. There's lots of us still around who remain hopeful for the best....

#5 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostHythos, on 18 October 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

Yep; there was quite a bit of talk about a pay-system 2? years ago while still in Closed Beta. I think that lost significant steam when we were supposed to have Merc Unit Logos, and first-iteration Community Warfare Nov / Dec last year. There's lots of us still around who remain hopeful for the best....

Still wont be a bad inclusion think about it. It would be a monthly payment to make it easier on people with income coming in low and they would be able to get MC by grinding more so for CB.

#6 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

I think at this point, if they were going to make that drastic of a change all of the people that have invested a LOT of money into this game would very seriously melt this place down. Keep in mind, i'm not talking about an "entitled" mentality, I am talking about completely and totally diverging from the very core of the game itself and its promised structure. The time for this was before OB closed. IF, and that's a very curious if, they chose to do this they would have to offer those people something huge to offset the anger. Again I'm not talking morality, right, or wrong but that's just a factual synopsis of what would happen. Given its past PR record I don't know that I can trust PGI to handle a transition like that.

#7 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 October 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

I think at this point, if they were going to make that drastic of a change all of the people that have invested a LOT of money into this game would very seriously melt this place down. Keep in mind, i'm not talking about an "entitled" mentality, I am talking about completely and totally diverging from the very core of the game itself and its promised structure. The time for this was before OB closed. IF, and that's a very curious if, they chose to do this they would have to offer those people something huge to offset the anger. Again I'm not talking morality, right, or wrong but that's just a factual synopsis of what would happen. Given its past PR record I don't know that I can trust PGI to handle a transition like that.

Whoever said anything about taking away the free to play? Can't both co-exist for instance people pay to play get MC as a little tiny bit of income and have Premium time to get more XP and CB but the people who are Free to play basically have the same system they have now. More like a loyalty program for people who don't like taking their wallet out to pay for the games optional stuff. Besides doesn't everyone get mad at every change they make? I mean people complain about Knockdown and are like "NERF NERF NERF!" but the people who played the classics *like me* are sad because its a part of MechWarrior 4. Poptarting was also technically in the original but not ghost heat besides I know how to deal with poptarts they just didn't implement the right weapon yet. :)

Edited by Whatzituyah, 18 October 2013 - 09:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users