• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Well Lancelots were lostech at the time. They were L1 mechs but very rare. Lancelots, Merlins, Black Knights, etc. I'm sure we will see more mechs. I'd love to see the Mauler and Marauder first though

oh and my whammy

#3 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

Black Knight before lancelot

#4 PenitentTangent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

King Crab all the way, (although, this isn't really "lostech." It's just an uncommon mech held only by the Star League.)

#5 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

Forgive me but....

King Crab...

#6 Valensoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationReady Aim Fire

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

yeah black knight I can dig also

#7 Tyrnea Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

The mech development after this upcoming period of OmniMech building should focus on:

Marauder (because how can you have a Inner Sphereoid branded Mad Cat without the Mad?)

Warhammer (because a MechWarrior game without Warhammers is like a picture of Kate Upton wearing something other than a skimpy bikini - wrong wrong wrong....)

Archer (Because if you add something to the game pertaining to Wolfs Dragoons without adding Archers, I think you rupture the space-time continuum)

Only then should PGI consider going medieval in the mech selections...

#8 Valensoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationReady Aim Fire

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

those 3 you mentioned mate are all unseen and cant be added to mwo due to harmony gold being jerks give me a bombardier to replace an archer though and my fury on the battlefield no on bounds lol

#9 Shrike ski

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 44 posts
  • LocationColumbus Ohio

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:42 AM

really they should try to get all the 3025 common mechs first, then 39 era mechs, then the 3050 heavy hitters such as clans and star league resurrected mech designs (if I am remembering correctly all the Phoenix mechs are unseen as well) (interestingly enough both the Ostol and Oscout were only very loosely based on the battlepods of Robotech but they were still an issue) BTW I am not complaining about the order that the mechs are coming out in (Harmony Gold did a redesign for all the Unseen (of theirs at least) with the IIC series of mechs and Fasa did eventually get the rights to the other designs (again if I remember correctly)) I know the developers want this game to succeed and I hope that they do remember that the munchkins will come and go but the hardcore fans are the ones they need to make sure they please with the game overall because we are the ones who will stick with it for years (and spend money) while a lot of the others (like the guys who don't care about cannon at all, there was somebody asking about forcefields, I mean really, are you serious?) will come and go with the latest fads in gamming (they chose the Battletech brand for a reason (existing and loyal fan base for starters) so you need to learn to live with some of the limitations of playing in someone elses universe), Battletech almost died when they did the whole Word of Blake / Dark Age thing, the whole storyline after the FedCom cival war got really wonky (think that's about when Wizkids bought Fasa out) which is why they brought back what is now called Classic Battletech, anyway enough of that particular rant, yes I would love to see mechs like the Lancelot brought into the game (we all have our favorites) but we also have to remember that there are literally hundreds of mech designs (and variants) and each one brings balance issues to solve and not only that but getting some of the designs to work graphicly and interacting with the environment correctly are some big challenges (clipping issues such as getting stuck on a pebble come to mind) so we need to be at least a little patient with the developers with some of the mech designs that should be coming down the pipeline.

#10 Tyrnea Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

Its real simple any Mechs based off artwork from Robotech is apearently a nogo area. Either Because the North American rights holder Harmony Gold want way to much money to sub license them or themselves are blocked from sublicensing them and are required to defend infringement as part of their license (I've not seen anything about this one way or the other except Harmony Gold is aggressive in sending threating court action letters).

Now FASA ran into this back in the day and tried a few diffrent tacks to deal with it. The first way was reart the effected mechs which became a bunch of the original clan mechs, another was produce alternate artwork, moany of those became the 2780 Star League TRO (As was mentioned for instance the Archer redrawn became the Bombardier) later they attempted to issue new direct versions with the II and IIC series artwork versions.

Simply put any and all of the remaining unseen including those that are the iconic original 3025 series of mechs (Marauder, Warhammer, Phoenix Hawk, Wasp ect) can be made providing they don't look like the original licensed artwork.

With the changes to the Battlemaster and Highlander in MWO (neither look anything like the original artwork, The Battlemaster is based off the reseen version which looks NOTHING like the original thus making it kosher, and the Highlander was MWO-ified - which shows the artists ability to redo a mech and have it endup completely different looking from the TRO artwork yet still look good) gives me hope some of the remaining 3025 originals can find their way in game.

#11 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

Lancelot, Black Knight..Energy boats. *yawn*

#12 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

View Postverybad, on 03 November 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

You say that now, but the Black Knight always triumphs.

#13 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

View Postverybad, on 03 November 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

uhm ok? what would YOU like to see? Instead of basically saying "your mech favorites suck" give us some cool ideas on mech you'd like to see. I agree with an earlier post (too lazy to scroll and quote sorry) that I'd like to see the early mech all implemented before we get any L2 and later mechs

#14 Red squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostSandpit, on 02 November 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Well Lancelots were lostech at the time. They were L1 mechs but very rare. Lancelots, Merlins, Black Knights, etc. I'm sure we will see more mechs. I'd love to see the Mauler and Marauder first though

oh and my whammy

Mauler - I want this!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users