12 Men Drop Limits

17 replies to this topic

#1 Ramus McGee

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

I think instead of a weight limit,make it 3 mechs from each class.Like 3 assaults 3 heavy 3 medium and 3 lights.Makes it harder for a theme drop and makes things more even so people might need more skills then the current meta.

#2 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

This will just result in 3 Jenners, 3 Shadowhawks, 3 Cataphracts, and 3 Highlanders.

#3 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

Eh..

How about a versatile system with lobbies where drop restrictions can be set so players don't have to be pigeon holed into such strict an undynamic matches all the time.

#4 BbadAK

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 12 November 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

This will just result in 3 Jenners, 3 Shadowhawks, 3 Cataphracts, and 3 Highlanders.

Probably better than any combination of jenners, 733c's and DDCs that you can fit into a given weight limit.

#5 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

Im partial to the weight limitation idea, but anything that regulates tonnage is a good idea.

#6 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

View PostRamus McGee, on 12 November 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

I think instead of a weight limit,make it 3 mechs from each class...

I think a weight limit is more interesting....
E.g. what will you do with 400 t? Will you take 4 Atlases or 8 Centurions (and if you really want have fun then just take 6 Shadowhawks, 1 Jenner and 1 Ecm-Spider, all of them can use Jump Jets and the most of them have at least one high mounted weapon, GG!!)....?? :( :) :)

Edited by Snowhawk, 13 November 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#7 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

So, no change really? :(

#8 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

View PostMurphy7, on 13 November 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

So, no change really? ;)

No that would be a change because it would be equal on both sides. Right now you can get 8 HGN on one side and 8 jenner on the other.

#9 w0rm

• Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:20 AM

That would result in really boring drops.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostRamus McGee, on 12 November 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

I think instead of a weight limit,make it 3 mechs from each class.Like 3 assaults 3 heavy 3 medium and 3 lights.Makes it harder for a theme drop and makes things more even so people might need more skills then the current meta.

However what is the group WANTS to be the next Storm's Metal Thunder or Dragoon Zeta Battalion? Drop limits take away the right to be an Assault Command.

#11 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 13 November 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

However what is the group WANTS to be the next Storm's Metal Thunder or Dragoon Zeta Battalion? Drop limits take away the right to be an Assault Command.

Well.... frankly, tough ****. If such a change would eliminate the utterly ******** assault mech spam that infests nearly every match these days, I'd consider it a sacrifice well worth making in order to once again have a balanced game. 'Needs of the many' and all that.

#12 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

QFT. This is why I am really not a fan of forced drop limits in pug matches. The 12 man queue is generally meta enough, adding this limit would basically force it.

If you want to see more variety in 12s, you need to get more people dropping 12s.

Or you know...balance the game. But that is just crazy talk.

Edited by 3rdworld, 13 November 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostMuonNeutrino, on 13 November 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

Well.... frankly, tough ****. If such a change would eliminate the utterly ******** assault mech spam that infests nearly every match these days, I'd consider it a sacrifice well worth making in order to once again have a balanced game. 'Needs of the many' and all that.

You sir are not a MechWarrior. Turn in your Spurs, You do not deserve them! I cannot tell you how many times I/we faced and demolished an ALL Assault force. Its not the games fault that some cannot overcome a mass mismatch. When I see a 12 man Assault force, I Gulp, square my britches, And put on my game face for the bumpy ride to come. Knowing this will probably not end in the win column. And that is OK. Cause my enemy should not always be forced to fight me fair and balanced. In a combat game you get dealt lemons You need to figure out how to make Lemon Drops.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 13 November 2013 - 06:24 AM.

#14 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

Tonnage limits are better than class limits because otherwise mechs at the bottom of their class would almost never get used.

#15 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

This won't actually do anything. I refer you to the current carebear drop limits, where you still see the exact same gundams all the time.

#16 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,705 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 13 November 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

You sir are not a MechWarrior. Turn in your Spurs, You do not deserve them! I cannot tell you how many times I/we faced and demolished an ALL Assault force. Its not the games fault that some cannot overcome a mass mismatch. When I see a 12 man Assault force, I Gulp, square my britches, And put on my game face for the bumpy ride to come. Knowing this will probably not end in the win column. And that is OK. Cause my enemy should not always be forced to fight me fair and balanced. In a combat game you get dealt lemons You need to figure out how to make Lemon Drops.

Rgr that sir.

#17 Ramus McGee

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

3 AS7-DC,3 Orion,3 Cent bombs and i would keep the 3 Jenners

#18 Ramus McGee

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

I stand by the class limits and not the weight limit.It would more balance and really no,meta drops.It would be tough to make one out of class limits.Weight limits people would be running around with shadow hawks,jenners and cent bombs,assaults would be almost completely out of the game.They would field as many mechs they can with weight limits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users