Piloting Aerospace, Artillery, Ground Armor

5 replies to this topic

#1 Arctcwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:24 AM

Implement the ability to pilot vehicles and planes into the game, Adding more strategic focus to battle plans.

Artillery are slow, mobile trucks that set up to become stationary long tom or ARROW launchers. This would stress the need for players to lock targets and pass info onto said support players. This allows the ability to lay down a spread of artillery fire on an area where enemy mechs are moving, or target specific mechs, or lay down mines to slow down/redirect enemy mechs into ambushes.

Ground armor are basically tanks or hovercraft that have lasers, pulse lasers, PPC's, gauss rifles, or autocannons on them that provide fire support with the mechs. placement on hills or mixed with a mech column can make them hard targets to hit, many times slower like an awesome, but with a lot more armor.

lastly aerospace with the ability to provide ground support. able to run ecm to remain undetected until on top of enemy mechs, laying down bombs, laser fire, autocannon fire, or LRM's. also Allows for long range visual scouting, straffing runs, and the ability to destroy enemy air support.

#2 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:17 AM

I pitched that a few months ago and polled it. The support for different troop-types didn't make it significantly past 50%.
http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

It shouldn't be too hard to implement, because shape and hitboxes are easier than on Mechs, but the balancing would be tricky.

Also I strongly discourage the use of planes, because they have a minimum-speed and the maps are too small. Back then I proposed helicopters.

And don't tell me, players don't want to speed around on motorbikes, firing inferno-SRMs into Mechs' crotches.

#3 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

Probalby won't happen because they have stated from beginning to focus only on Mechs.

What you want exists already in Mechwarrior LIving Legends anyway:

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

#4 Arctcwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

The current maps arent big enough currently to support aerospace, thats true, but just because the ground map is smaller doesnt mean the aerial map has to be the same size. It can be expanded to account for turning and possible future dogfighting.

The easiest thing to add would probably be tanks, as they arent much different from mechs currently, other than being unable to traverse water unless as a hovercraft, which could be a purchasable mod. wheels, treads, or hover.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

This here's a game about being a MechWarrior, piloting a BattleMech.

Sounds like you want a different game -- MW:LL.

#6 Pwnocchio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

I think these would be great additions as NPC vehicles in mission based game modes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users