New Clan/is Module/upgrade

1 reply to this topic

#1 Hunter Watzas

• PipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

I know a lot of people were thinking or wondering if you would be able to put Clan weaponry on or vice versa cause of salvage drops. I imagine this was not allowed in Table top as customization were really not existent. (I could be clearly wrong, never played tt).

Anyways, back to my point.

I think it would be an awesome idea for Mechs to be able to equip other 'techs' weaponry. That way a IS mech could say upgrade one his lasers with a clan tech variant because he salvaged it from an enemy, etc.

One way i thought this could be implemented in is that it could be an upgrade to a Mech to allow it to equip Clan or IS technology (maybe limiting the amount of tons or crit slots). Like artemis, you have to buy the upgrade for 500,000 cbills or more.

The other idea would be that it would be a several million dollar module that allows you to equip the other 'techs' equipment. One for IS mechs to equip Clan and one for Clan to equip IS tech. It would also cost a lot of GXP starting at 5000, then to 10000, and finally 15000. Each level would grant you one more equipment, so at maximum you could equip three pieces of Clan Tech.

That is just a thought.

#2 Stardancer01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 353 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

I thought it would be like the Artimus upgrade. All clan tech fitted to an Inner sphere should be 1extra ton/critical space & x2 reload/recharge time. Mastered TER2-3 Inner sphere mechs only.
It seems to me that trying the make clan equipment work with Inner Sphere battle mech ammo, power and control systems will not work out very well.
Newbs starting the game in the pre clan TER1 era should not be placed up against such overkill unbalanced mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users