19 replies to this topic

#1 ThoRMoD

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChandler, Az

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

So about 30% of the time, i start to join a game my screen will black out for about a min. after i return my mech (that i was trying to join with) will be 'in game'... this is hella annoying. it has happened with trial mechs and even ones i 'bought'. I have a standard system (Wintel/Nivida) here, what am i doing wrong?

#2 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

View PostThoRMoD, on 10 January 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

So about 30% of the time, i start to join a game my screen will black out for about a min. after i return my mech (that i was trying to join with) will be 'in game'... this is hella annoying. it has happened with trial mechs and even ones i 'bought'. I have a standard system (Wintel/Nivida) here, what am i doing wrong?

If you leave a match before it ends your mech remains in game until it does. You can use other mechs but not the same one if the match is still going on. If the match does end there is a little bit of lag before the UI loads again and will hopefully be better with UI2.0.

#3 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

You may want to send your system stats, and this trouble you're having, to support@mwomercs.com . You've not given enough information for anyone to be helpful for you.

WarHippy, I think he's actually disco'ing before he gets into the game. When he's either returned to the 'lobby' or he reboots his computer, his 'Mech is, as you said, still in-game until the match is over.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 10 January 2014 - 08:21 PM.

#4 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 10 January 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

You may want to send your system stats, and this trouble you're having, to support@mwomercs.com . You've not given enough information for anyone to be helpful for you.

WarHippy, I think he's actually disco'ing before he gets into the game. When he's either returned to the 'lobby' or he reboots his computer, his 'Mech is, as you said, still in-game until the match is over.

Hmm, if that is the case then I am not sure. He may want to try the repair tool I will have to see if I can find the link.

Try this. http://mwomercs.com/...public-release/

Edited by WarHippy, 10 January 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#5 ThoRMoD

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChandler, Az

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

Agreed.. i get the idea of 'pre-rage-quitting'. but this is a full on black screen of fail. Not me early quitting. i'm honestly surprised that this isnt a common issue since i have a fairly POR system. I'll try and figure out how to send my data in. Thanks!

#6 RuzzBot

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

I have sthe same problem, but not 30% of the time, more like 10%. Still pretty annoying though. Repair tool didn't help me. It was actually almost gone two patches ago, then it got worse again.

So: hope for next patch to fix it, and restart your pc when it happens, that usually helps for me. You'll still have one mech stuck in game, but it won't happen several times in a row if you restart.

#7 ThoRMoD

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChandler, Az

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

Agree'd, restarting does seem to help.. but i think it is more dependent on time. i dunno, I have a very common system with a common OS...

#8 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

It's definitely a problem with your particular system setup and the game. Send your specs into support@mwomercs.com and they will walk you through some troubleshooting steps.

#9 Turist0AT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

My game freezes ALL the time. What seems to work for me is Alt-Tab'ing out and back in, it unfreezes. Try it.

#10 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:08 AM

View PostTurist0AT, on 11 January 2014 - 03:33 AM, said:

My game freezes ALL the time. What seems to work for me is Alt-Tab'ing out and back in, it unfreezes. Try it.

That's probably something pulling focus from the game. Once you TAB out and back in again, you've established that you do indeed want to be talking to MWO and off you go. You could try not running anything else, or if you already do that, stopping background programs, things in your system tray, etc. A/V and firewalls are a good culprit, they tend to pop up messages and not let you do anything else until you've seen them.

That's my theory based on the precisely zero info you've given.

EDIT: for clarity.

Edited by cleghorn6, 11 January 2014 - 04:10 AM.

#11 Turist0AT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:04 AM

View Postcleghorn6, on 11 January 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

That's probably something pulling focus from the game. Once you TAB out and back in again, you've established that you do indeed want to be talking to MWO and off you go. You could try not running anything else, or if you already do that, stopping background programs, things in your system tray, etc. A/V and firewalls are a good culprit, they tend to pop up messages and not let you do anything else until you've seen them.

Allright thanks for the info. Never had this problem erlier. Got the problem 2 patches ago.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

Both of you who are having trouble with black screens, when the new patch comes DO NOT PATCH. Instead, uninstall the game, and do a fresh install.

Many problems resulting in "Black screens of fail" are the result of corrupt installs that the repair tool can sometimes tell you about but cannot fix.

Installs occasionally get corrupted when minor changes in a patch aren't working right or were somehow disrupted (common for wireless users) during download or patching.

I had a similar problem where FOV changes absolutely would not work. Turns out something about the 3rd person patch broke my game's ability to read user.cfg and permalocked my FOV. Reinstalling fixed it. Also had similar problems with Frozen City texture bug. Reinstall fixed that too.

#13 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostThoRMoD, on 10 January 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

Do you have dual monitors?

#14 ThoRMoD

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChandler, Az

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 11 January 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Do you have dual monitors?

YES I DO HAVE DUAL MONITORS!!!! is that a known bug?! Good call!

#15 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostThoRMoD, on 11 January 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

YES I DO HAVE DUAL MONITORS!!!! is that a known bug?! Good call!

This game doesnt function well while running duals. It crashes on me all the time and gets hung up at a blank screen if my cursor is on my secondary screen.

Edited by mogs01gt, 11 January 2014 - 08:45 AM.

#16 ThoRMoD

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChandler, Az

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

Sir, u were dead on corrrect. I've been playing all AM without a single issue. I just click launch and dont touch the mouse! lol

#17 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

View PostThoRMoD, on 11 January 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

Sir, u were dead on corrrect. I've been playing all AM without a single issue. I just click launch and dont touch the mouse! lol

What GPU do you have? I have an AMD 7770 series

#18 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Its some bug, I used to had few times, few patchs before. Its sucks :o I know it . . .you need buy more mech for this situation, one or more will be waiting for you in your mechbays :)

#19 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

Where can I report this dual monitor bug? It just kicked me out of a game because I had Pandora open on my secondary monitor, I alt+tab back to MWO but my cursor was showing on the screen and it was manipulating Pandora at the same time. After my third alt+tab, MWO crashed.....**** I was winning to... This happens about every 5 matches due to having dual monitors.

#20 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

View Postcleghorn6, on 11 January 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

Needing to tab out and back into the game is a known issue that's been going on for a while. If you get black screen and sound, alt-tab usually fixes it. If you don't, then it usually won't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users