Using C-Bills/mc To Hire Mercenaries

5 replies to this topic

#1 Erasmos

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

Given the rich mercenary lore in the Battletech universe, and the ever-growing need for in-game currency, I think it would be awesome to be able to use in-game currencies to hire the services of exceptional mech pilots.

It would go something like this: I am in a clan, and our interest is to win as many games as possible. I notice that a player in a PUG game is cleaning up. I ask him to join the clan, and offer 200 MC (or 500,000 C-bills, or whatever I'm willing to pay) to him, in exchange for 20 games of combat. (Payable upon completion.)

If he accepts, I have just hired a mercenary, and he now has extra resources to improve his Mech Bay.

Something similar could be fun in allowing players from different houses to place "bounties" on enemy pilots, and receive rewards for destroying high-priority targets.

I think something along these lines could add an extra dynamic to the game that not only provides more incentive for improving piloting skills and teamwork, but provides a possible way for a person to earn MC without spending real-money themselves, while still allowing the developers to be paid for the original MC purchase.

Just as long as it's implemented NOTHING like the auction house in Diablo 3. That sucked.

#2 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Something like this is a possibility for CW, but I wouldn't expect to see the ability to transfer funds between players. If they allowed that it would open the door to "farmers".

#3 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Player created contracts were stated to be a feature of CW at the launch event. This SPECIFICALLY included "bounty" contracts.

That is, however, the last we heard of them (or CW).

I assume therefore that they are in fact still part of the plan, but must wait on more information just like everyone else :)

Edited by Zerberus, 03 February 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#4 p8ragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Sounds like an excellent idea!

#5 Erasmos

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

View PostZerberus, on 03 February 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

Player created contracts were stated to be a feature of CW at the launch event. This SPECIFICALLY included "bounty" contracts.

That is, however, the last we heard of them (or CW).

I assume therefore that they are in fact still part of the plan, but must wait on more information just like everyone else :(

Ah, good to know!

Quite new myself, so I'm not familiar with the launch plans/history.

#6 Craig Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

Well, if you can gift other players as has been committed to by PGI there is nothing to say this cannot be done for those who want it.

I can't see it being widespread though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users