10 replies to this topic

#1 Xeren KelDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 190 posts
  • LocationNAIS

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

It seems with UI 2.0 we lost the ability to see the XP on any unowned mech variants. I'd like to see this return.

#2 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

Please! I want to see my MXP earned on unowned chassis!

#3 boxbox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

I agree. When I purchase mechs to get all the basic tier abilities then sell them I can't see that experience anymore...

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

It's definitely stored on the server. It's still there. When I got the Champion Cent, I had already mastered the Cent (all 3 of the C-bill ones) so it showed up with the mastery and XP.

The bigger problem though is that if you had mastered them and sold them off... if you had a variant to be mastered (like say, they suddenly offered the YLW for free tomorrow), with the current situation, the game doesn't allow me to get past basic until you have the other mechs physically in my other mechbays... which is a horrible consequence of this current behavior.

Edited by Deathlike, 23 February 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#5 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 February 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

It's definitely stored on the server. It's still there. When I got the Champion Cent, I had already mastered the Cent (all 3 of the C-bill ones) so it showed up with the mastery and XP.

The bigger problem though is that if you had mastered them and sold them off... if you had a variant to be mastered (like say, they suddenly offered the YLW for free tomorrow), with the current situation, the game doesn't allow me to get past basic until you have the other mechs physically in my other mechbays... which is a horrible consequence of this current behavior.

Yeah, no, that's not ok.

Not that I ever tried, but this wasn't the case in the old UI? (could still see the XP on sold mechs, iirc).

#6 TheMightyServo

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLow Earth Orbit

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

You could still see XP on mechs you didn't own on the old UI, and you could go past basic whether or not you owned them currently, if you'd had others elited/mastered in the right numbers.

Each chassis had a number you had to have unlocked at basic to move up, but it varied according to the number of variants. Usually the number was 3, but I think one or two were at 4.

If you were trying to grind a chassis skills up, you'd know "I need to buy Mech A-1 again and level it up, then Mech A-2, and I already have Mech A-3 leveled up from playing it before"... rather than have to guess or go buy all three again at a huge C-bill loss.

Edited by TheMightyServo, 23 February 2014 - 08:22 PM.

#7 Xeren KelDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 190 posts
  • LocationNAIS

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

Wow I wasn't even aware of this part. They really need to fix that.

#8 Leguvan

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

I don't think this is true. I bought an X-5 when it was on sale and had no problems mastering it.

#9 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostBagheera, on 23 February 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

Yeah, no, that's not ok.

Not that I ever tried, but this wasn't the case in the old UI? (could still see the XP on sold mechs, iirc).

The old UI did not have this problem.

View PostLeguvan, on 23 February 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

I don't think this is true. I bought an X-5 when it was on sale and had no problems mastering it.

Did you have two other Cicadas in your mechbay at the time?

#10 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

I miss being able to see XP on Mechs I don't own as well. It would be very usefull to know how much XP I have on a Trial Mech if I choose to use one. So, I know how much can be unlocked when/if I do buy it.

#11 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

Had a similar problem with my Cicadas. I had one in the past that I had finished basics on, then sold it.
Decided to finish mastering them during the double xp weekend, so worked on the 3M and when finished the basics found that it showed only 1/3 being complete, knowing that I had already completed one prior and should have shown 2/3.
Anyhow, long story short I had to re-purchase the Cicada I had previously done basics on. Once I had re-purchased it the xp showed right away, no playing was necessary. Just needed to buy it again for it to show.
I had submitted a ticket on the matter requesting reimbursement of the cbills wasted to simply re-aquire the xp I had earned previously.
They in the end acknowledged the bug and did reimburse me the cbills, however I was also told that a ticket should be submitted prior to spending the cbills on the mech you want the xp from...so in short if going to re-purchase a mech for the xp then make a ticket to support before doing so and they will more than likely reimburse you for the re-purchase.

View PostEddrick, on 24 February 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

I miss being able to see XP on Mechs I don't own as well. It would be very usefull to know how much XP I have on a Trial Mech if I choose to use one. So, I know how much can be unlocked when/if I do buy it.

You are going to be able to once again, once they fix the bug...they do know of this problem and are working on it. How high it is on their priority list of things to be fixed who can say, but yeah it does seem to be important imo as many are having to re-purchase mechs to get their xp to show/use for mastering.

Edited by xMEPHISTOx, 24 February 2014 - 02:30 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users