What To Do About Mechs With Not Enough Varients.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Whatzituyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

You could reduce the limit by how many varients needed for example say that you want to put this guy in http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Flashman you could release that mech but it dosn't have to have 3 varients to be mastered just because it dosn't have enough varients also you could triple the XP needed for said mech perk to make it not just a quick grind. Then once a second varient comes out you reset the mech xp but all the XP reset is given back as general xp then they can re apply it but the XP cost is cut in half if the 2nd varient of a mech is released and if the 3rd then it goes back to normal "Heroes do not count for this mech varient thing only normal but they could be mastered stand alone.

If anyone else has any better ideas feel free to suggest them here I think mine is solid enough.

Yes I know some spelling and maybe even some grammar I will fix that later just think this as a rough draft. But I wanted this idea out of my head before I forgot tomarrow morning.

Edited by Whatzituyah, 10 March 2014 - 07:54 PM.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:08 AM

Make up a couple as needed.

Thunder Hawk
Standard- 3x Gauss 4x Mediums
Energy- 3x PPC, a couple SRM
Missile-3xLRM15, 4 x medium

There is how its done. Use extra HPs as deemed good. ;)

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

I really like the Flashman! Maybe they could even release them as-in as a one-of variant, and require you to have other mechs in the same weight class to complete the skill tree.

Or maybe future revamps of the skill tree will make more sense to have mechs without 3 variants.

#4 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

PGI has stated that they hold creative license to create mechs and variants as desired. While I have reservations about home-grown mechs not found in the IP, I do think they have shown competence in developing variants for pre-existing chassis (enter Hero mechs).

Besides, this seems to be the only way I'll get my Wolfhound...... ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users