#1 Critical Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 250 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:35 AM

Not sure if anyone else has had this same issue, but I got this card recently as part of an upgrade of my system and was playing everything fine without issue. Recently though when playing MWO the game began to black screen after a few minutes of play and lock my system up.

After sending the card back to the shop and them saying there is no issue with it I had a friend check it in their system. Everything works fine on other games like Battlefield 4, Rome II, Company of Heroes 2 etc. but MWO simply will not work even with the new DX11 patch.

Is this a incompatibility issue with MWO? Or has someone found a way to fix this?

#2 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

I Blame MWO's primitive/dev DX11, I have been having this happen while Alt-Tabbing with my EVGA 560TI 2GB GDDR5 Card. no problem with DX11 in War Thunder, but MWO on the other hand.

#3 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostJames Heywood, on 17 March 2014 - 05:35 AM, said:

Not sure if anyone else has had this same issue, but I got this card recently as part of an upgrade of my system and was playing everything fine without issue. Recently though when playing MWO the game began to black screen after a few minutes of play and lock my system up.

After sending the card back to the shop and them saying there is no issue with it I had a friend check it in their system. Everything works fine on other games like Battlefield 4, Rome II, Company of Heroes 2 etc. but MWO simply will not work even with the new DX11 patch.

Is this a incompatibility issue with MWO? Or has someone found a way to fix this?

Mwo will probably push your wattage of that GPU higher than most games will......how much headroom do you have on your psu 12V rail? how many watts total is it heating up and loosing power?

#4 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

I have a oc'ed R9 270X by HSI. The cards should be the same except for some tweaks, but despite general low performance, I do not have severe problems like you. It might not be the cards fault.

#5 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

Don't worry about it too much, the game has the worst implementation of DX11 I've ever seen. No graphical improvements and a large FPS hit to go with it.

#6 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:39 AM

I would suspect your psu. also check that all of the plugs are seated correctly and that all of the connections are used on the motherboard.

Edited by Shamous13, 19 March 2014 - 04:41 AM.

#7 Flagrant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

LUCKY! Was debating on getting that card but don't think it will fit into my microatx case or my psu could handle it. Ordered the 2gig R7 260x instead. Hope my psu can handle that. Also bought a new mobo since old one has been acting up. Hope the crossfire with the embedded graphics chip works for this game.

#8 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostLord Letto, on 17 March 2014 - 07:10 AM, said:

I Blame MWO's primitive/dev DX11, I have been having this happen while Alt-Tabbing with my EVGA 560TI 2GB GDDR5 Card. no problem with DX11 in War Thunder, but MWO on the other hand.

Played a bit last night after the patch and it appeared to work better so whatever they done to fix DX11 in the patch seamed to make it better, for me at least. then again I turned post processing, shadows and enviroment settings down from medium to low Last night and with those settings with AA, VSync, Motion blur and Damage Glow Off and everything else set Very High (Effects, Object Detail, Particles, Shading and Texturing) I get 100-110 FPS in testing grounds (Frozen City Night), never payed attention much in a match but I think it's safe to say MINIMUM of 20-30's with a OCed FX-4100 and EVGA 560TI 2GB GDDR5 OCed Via MSI Afterburner. will try a few drops later when I can to confirm FPS in Matches, and that's 1080P Fullscreen DX11 Set BTW.

Edit: Just had it happen again, game would freeze and when I alt-tab out all I could see is the Taskbar and would have to log out via Ctrl-Alt-Del and log back in to fix.
as for FPS, Was Getting High 40's Low 60's moving around Spawn on Canyon Network Skirmish and my computer had 1 of it's 2 hour restarts (Windows 8.1 Preview), after I got back in, ended up getting tourmaline Desert Assault and after startup was getting 30-40 FPS but dropped to 25-30 FPS, Game froze as I was zoomed in and going to fire my 2 LL on my Atlas D-DC. Also, Sorry For Threadjacking.

Edited by Lord Letto, 19 March 2014 - 04:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users