Battle Command Hotkeys

4 replies to this topic

#1 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

First off, I fully expect this to be buried in the pile of useless suggestions, but hey, it can't hurt to ask, right?

So, the idea is to have 3 hot keys (F1-F3, for example) which allows players to Request Help at their location, Identify an Enemy at Co-ordinates, and Move to Crosshair location.

So, for example.
F1= "I Need Help at D5" (My location) reported in the team channel
F2= "Enemy CTF-3D at F7" (My highlighted target and it's location) reported in Team Channel
F3= "Move to B2" (My crosshairs pointing at the location) reported in Team Channel.

The concept is to allow better team co-ordination, without having to have an In-Game Voice Comm, or resorting to an independent Voice Communication program (as some people don't want to use them).

There would need to be some sort of internal Cooldown, or a spam limiting feature, or something, to prevent people from flooding the screen with useless text, but the idea is that it would allow people to communicate battlefield information without having to park up and compose a small essay while missiles fly over head and AC rounds tear up the ground around them.

Any other commands that people think would be needed in the heat of battle?

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

Lots of them. Which is why something like this is already in the works. No ETA yet though.

#3 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

Oh, so they are working on it then? That's good. Sooner would be better than later though.

What brought this to my attention was a game of LoL the other day (I finally decided to give it a go, considering how some of my friends have been raving on). In LoL, WoT, hell, almost every other action based game that needs quick co-ordination, there are command hot keys. And I figured it'd be nice if they gave us some here.

Just my 2 cents worth though.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

Yeah, unfortunately, due to 84% of players dropping solo, the commands won't be anywhere near as effective as other games.

If these players wanted to be good at the game and communicate and follow orders, they'd already be in a unit and dropping in groups.

#5 Craetheus Maximus

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

I definitely like this together with "pings" on the Battlegrid (map).

Games like the Battlefield series and Planetside 2 have a HUD Comma Rose that have your commands/requests/reports integrated with the map for teammates to see. It could also be filtered by Lance or something so the icons do not clutter everyone's maps.

Yeah, even though groups usually drop with voice comms, some HUD and map elements like nav points, pings, etc. could complement what is spoken. Somehow, the existing markers set does not work for this purpose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users