3 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

So, I see much pitchforking and screaming about poptarts. I own two, and while fun in small doses gets old after a hot minute. It also gets old seeing 16 of 24 mechs per match pack the typical jump sniper.

The two biggest offenders as they are now:
-CTF-3D
-DRAGON SLAYER

Those are mine as they are in my mech bay right now.

My proposal?

Make jump jets all or none, just like MW4 did.

Why?

Well, many brawlers already take all or close to all JJs, so it would be an indirect buff to them or at the most a non-issue.

What it does do is make jump snipers have to change their loadouts pretty substantially. So it'd be a significant indirect nerf to poptarts. They'd have to accomodate for three more tons/crits of equipment they didn't have to before. Makes them slower, warmer, and less responsive without invalidating the play-style.

#2 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

Most brawlers do not take full jumpjets. Most brawler loadouts who can stay in the same ballpark as jumpsnipers need more, not less tonnage for weapons and engine size.

Jumpsnipers would easily adapt to having to take full jumpjets, with PPC/Gauss (which you already see a lot of players moving to) or PPC/AC10... or simply dropping down in engine size. This might reduce the amount of jumpnsipers, but would do very little to hamper its efficacy. At the same time you would be hurting most brawler builds in terms of how much firepower they can bring to the fight, 2 more jumpjets on my brawler victor and my alpha would drop 8 points. 6 more jumpjets on my brawler griffin and I would have to choose between losing 13 points off of my alpha or 7-8kph worth of engine size.

I see how you reached your conclusion, and really it would work to lessen the advantage of jumpjets. However, it wouldn't do anything to change the meta.

#3 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

I already run my 3D in full JJs and engine, doesn't change the meta with the UAC double tap.

Also, your build. If you're using XL, the PPC should go into the high mounted shoulder hardpoints. The all right side build is for STD engines when you want to shield with your entire left side

#4 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

View PostJohn80sk, on 16 June 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

I see how you reached your conclusion, and really it would work to lessen the advantage of jumpjets. However, it wouldn't do anything to change the meta.

I don't want to do away with jump-sniping. It's an outlier in tactics, it's simply TOO good. I want it brought more in line with the other tactics.

View Postknightsljx, on 16 June 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

I already run my 3D in full JJs and engine, doesn't change the meta with the UAC double tap.

Also, your build. If you're using XL, the PPC should go into the high mounted shoulder hardpoints. The all right side build is for STD engines when you want to shield with your entire left side

I run it that way for convergence, for some reason one of my PPCs would never connect on lights. I tried going right side heavy and suddenly I started killing a lights more often and doing a bit more focused damage. Dunno how, but it did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users