5 replies to this topic

#1 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

IS has hero-mechs with 30% cb-boost and unique hardpoint layout. In case of omnimechs this doesn't work because of omnipod-system, where you can build any setup to any chassis.
I'm suggesting that those who buy omnimechs with cbs, could "herotize" one chassis under one omnimech-type with MC. MC paid would have free to choose that one without extra charge.
Less work to Pgi and more freedom of choise to players.
Pricing std MC/ton.

Edited by VXJaeger, 11 July 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#2 Túatha Dé Danann

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

Well, a symmetric Mad Cat would be nice. Like this:
Posted Image

#3 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

I use simple TBR-Prime based setup with
- 2*c-mpl+2*ersl on hands
- 4* Asrm6 5t ammo
- 3 JJ's + BAP + tgtc1

#4 Túatha Dé Danann

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

View PostVXJaeger, on 11 July 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

I use simple TBR-Prime based setup with
- 2*c-mpl+2*ersl on hands
- 4* Asrm6 5t ammo
- 3 JJ's + BAP + tgtc1

Well, in the end its your personal preference. But if there are hero-variants, I would only pay for it if they are worth it, meaning: That I feel comfortable in them. And this is in most cases a symmetric loadout. I guess, you could even take away the energy hardpoint in the RT, if PGI thinks that would help the balance to make a trade-off in order to have a symmetric loadout.

But in the end, I guess I would simply not pay for any Clan Mech, as I cannot modify structure/armor and engine. There are Clan Mech I will never use (like the summoner) just because you cannot even hope to fit anything close to "zero slots left".
Other Clan Mechs, like the Nova could heavily benefit from Endo-Steel, but do not have it. The Daishi could use a better Engine (at least 325 XL) etc and so on.

Thing is: Either, I can modify that stuff, or I will not pay a dime. And yes, I'm aware that this is part of the balancing - but you could just introduce a better gameplay mechanic to prevent boating, like energy-consumption instead of ghost heat, limiting the amount of reaload-capacity for your weapons. So at a certain point, your dps will be hard-capped due to energy-transmission-limitations (slowing your recharge of energy-based weapons)
You can do recoil-mechanics for ballistic weapons, meaning that if you overdo it, you machine becomes instable jamming your weapons and for missiles, unguided ones just spread more and guided ones may lose track, as your TC is only capable of handling a certain amount of missiles at a certain time.

If PGI would do it this way, then they would not need such morbid-abstract-art-restrictions and could have truly modifyable Clan-Mechs and I might think over paying money again, as well as about 500.000 people out there waiting for a mature mechwarrior-game.

#5 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

Thats your opinion. I have 30% cb-bonus on all my Prime-variant mechs, and I'd like to give the option of it to those who wait for cb-pricing. So if they want to herotize one chassis from 3 possible, just Mc and it's done.

Besides that I can't figure out why are you whining 'bout customization in this matter.

#6 Túatha Dé Danann

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

The thing is, that it would cost real money and I only want to give away real money for mechs I really want to play. Right now, there are only two mechs that *maybe* are in for that - being the Mad Cat and the Storm Crow. Later on, if it will ever come, it would be with a high probability the Ebon Jaguar (Cauldron Born).

There are - as far as I see it - no other clan Mechs I would pay for - simply because I cannot customize them into a mech I would pilot. The only possible way is, that the stock mech comes purely by coincidence with the correct engine, the correct upgrades (Endo and maybe Ferro) and got a wide range of hardpoints I'm likely to use. For IS heros, it is the same. You would not buy one, if you don't like it.

The rest is logic: IF you could customize the Clan mechs, you have to bring in some kind of re-re-balance, in order to not make them OP by config, and these are the mechanics I posted. In the end, its simple: Give me a mech a like, and I consider to pay money for it. Thats about it.

Of course, I'm not the only one playing this game. Other people have other loadouts and other preferences. This is why it gets even MORE important to have some kind of customization like it is possible for IS-mechs.

Other than that, I like your idea.

Edited by Shevchen, 11 July 2014 - 02:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users