Small/sp Laser, Buff Cooldown And Beam Duration

No replies to this topic

#1 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

Can we please get small lasers to act more like laser machine guns or SOMETHING to make them viable, I really want to see some variety in builds. Currently the cool down just sucks along with heat penalties when boating

If a light mech (Except that god damn bugged spider) wants to rush in and unload a quick succession of SL/SPL on a mech and get out of there, perfect, that's how they should be played. Harassment but with the ability to dish out some damage if close and then get the hell out of there and cool down. That should be the strength of a light, hit and run fast. Also reduces the amount of exposure they have to getting picked off.

Someone loaded up with 8 MLs, should NOT want to get in close with an 8 SL mech because the DPS on the SL is much higher not less as it currently is. Reward the smarter pilot, if the ML guy keeps his distance he wins, if the SL pilot manages to get in close, well then good for him.

Currently the SPL is same damage, and only 0.13 less heat than the ML, but SUBSTANTIAL range difference and less beam duration. Yes is the same weight, but the beam duration and range don't even come close to making up for that.

SL has less heat but less DPS than ML, yes it's half a ton but there's so many disadvantages, like limited energy hardpoints on many mechs.

Pretty easy change, get SL down to 0.5 HPS and no ghost heat as a start. SPL cooldown is reduced from the terrible 2.25.

Wep Stats for anyone needing them, from Smurfy: (So 1 more dmg for same heat and substantial range penalty compared to ML, better DPS but also worse HPS)

IS ML
1.25 DPS and 1 HPS
5 dmg 4 Heat

IS SL
1 DPS 0.67 HPS
3 Dmg 2 Heat

IS SPL
1.24 DPS and 0.87 HPS
3.4 Dmg 2.4 Heat

ML range is 270M and max 540M
SL and SPL are 100M and Max 200M

Anyways feel free to point out my stupidity somewhere, but I'm dying to see it turned in to more of a "Long range big punch range with high recycle time, Face melters, mid range and jack of all trades" kinda tactics.

Edited by shad0w4life, 17 September 2014 - 12:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users