Anyone just simply DISLIKE clan society as a whole?

49 replies to this topic

#1 Feyd Rautha

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

*Raises hand*

#2 OfTheDark

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 179 posts
  • LocationOh...you know...

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

I like them better than the IS at any rate. I know they still had in-fighting and one or two outright civil wars but still...thier goals were at least (theoretically) noble. As opposed to the Is which was in-fighting. More infighting. What? A global threat? Join arms! Threat gone? OK back to in-fighting...

#3 Feyd Rautha

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

I base my judgment on the fun (or lack thereof) I had while experiencing my first campaign from the Clan Snow Raven perspective...(playing the RPG "Mechwarrior")

#4 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Anyone dislike how the Sphereoid filth need to keep creating threads like this in our section? That they cannot be civil enough to the people who like and/or prefer Clan society to the Barbaric total war of the Houses?

*raises hand*

Edited by CoffiNail, 23 June 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#5 Feyd Rautha

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

There is no lack of civility in my post...nice try.

#6 Jukebox1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGermany, Niedersachsen, Göttingen

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

*raises hand*
Do i dislike I.S.society too? Yes i do.
There are good People on both sides, like everywhere. But the I.S. is honest about beeing a dirtpile.
The Clan isnt.

#7 Riin Suul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

anyone not care at ALL about lore, except where it pertains to tech?

*raises hand*

#8 Jaxxon Steele

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

How can you dislike a society different then your own without at least living it for a time? Because they have a different way of life you dislike them? Way to go trying to keep things one dimensional.

#9 Feronen

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationThe States

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

As a DC member, I'd have to say that I like the Clanners simply because they're so similar to our ancestral Japanese warrior society.

#10 Haakon Valravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 354 posts
  • LocationSWMT

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 23 June 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Anyone dislike how the Sphereoid filth need to keep creating threads like this in our section? That they cannot be civil enough to the people who like and/or prefer Clan society to the Barbaric total war of the Houses?

*raises hand*

Don't forget where Spheroids complain about Clanners befouling 'their' forums and wanting Clanners to stick to the Clan forum. Only for the Spheroids to pollute the Clan forum with their malcontent, their hate, their war-mongering.

#11 Helvetica

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

yup it's puerile and silly. It's like what happens if a wow guild was isolated for years then had to rejoin society...

Edited by Helvetica, 23 June 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#12 Anixantheas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

"The more I learn about these Clanners, the more I come to understand what drives them, the more I hate them. I hate them for what they are and for what they may one day become. I hate them not because they hate us but because they are incapable of good, honest, Inner Sphere hatred."

;)

Yeah, edited a bit, but still appropriate

#13 DreadDjinn

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Clan society, while rigid and militaristic, is more meritocratic than IS society. In Clan society, you have to walk the walk every day of your life. In the IS, you can schmooze with the aristocracy and stay part of the wine-and-cheese crowd. There's much less of that in clan society.

Also, if you're a warrior in clan society, you are born with near perfect physical attributes and there is no taboo against diddling your sibkin soom as you hit puberty.

me clansta

http://i0.kym-cdn.co...52/me-gusta.jpg

Edited by DreadDjinn, 23 June 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#14 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostDreadDjinn, on 23 June 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Clan society, while rigid and militaristic, is more meritocratic than IS society. In Clan society, you have to walk the walk every day of your life. In the IS, you can schmooze with the aristocracy and stay part of the wine-and-cheese crowd. There's much less of that in clan society.

Also, if you're a warrior in clan society, you are born with near perfect physical attributes and there is no taboo against diddling your sibkin soom as you hit puberty.

me clansta

http://i0.kym-cdn.co...52/me-gusta.jpg

The whole reason that taboo exists in real life is the possibility of inbreeding, and the genetic problems that result. There are religions and societal reasons as well, but it's mainly the former. Since Clan warriors are not the slightest bit interested in reproducing the old fashion way, and aren't actually forming relationships with them, it's considered ok. Stressed? Ok, go boff somebody, get it out of your system, and be ready for tomorrow. They don't run things like a Canopian pleasure circus; it's simply that the Clans realize their genetically-perfect soldiers are still human.

View PostCoffiNail, on 23 June 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

*raises hand*

*raises hand*

#15 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostFeyd Rautha, on 23 June 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

There is no lack of civility in my post...nice try.

If you call that civilization... We are here to change that.

#16 Vorgrimmler

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Smoke Jaguar. Rawr. *sits on hands*

Edited by Vorgrimmler, 23 June 2012 - 10:00 PM.

#17 grimzod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Lack of contractions.
Government control over reproduction, personal liberty, jobs and economy.

Whats not to love.

#18 OfficerTaco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationMissouri,US

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

In-theory genetically engineered soilders SHOULD be better, but a natural human has so much more to fight for.

The REAL Sun-Tzu exploited human instincts/imperfections/cleverness with many of his tactics, A genetically engineered Soilder would not stand a chance against a natural human given the right cicumstances, even in a semi-fair fight.

A natural human could be part of a culture that would change their fighting as well (suicide bombers/kamakazies/fight with your dying breath.)

Where as genetically engineered soilders would be kept away from such a thing. (Clanners are the exception to this.)

and 1 last thing, if everyone is genetically perfect (the same) it would only take one disease to wipe you all out.

Edited by NotoriousForce, 23 June 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#19 Nikohki

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

View PostNotoriousForce, on 23 June 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

In-theory genetically engineered soilders SHOULD be better, but a natural human has so much more to fight for.

The REAL Sun-Tzu exploited human instincts/imperfections/cleverness with many of his tactics, A genetically engineered Soilder would not stand a chance against a natural human given the right cicumstances, even in a semi-fair fight.

A natural human could be part of a culture that would change their fighting as well (suicide bombers/kamakazies/fight with your dying breath.)

Where as genetically engineered soilders would be kept away from such a thing. (Clanners are the exception to this.)

I got one word for you buddy: freeborn :P

#20 OfficerTaco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationMissouri,US

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

Yes i am somewhat similar to those around me with a lesser gene pool (i am a descendent of French nobility), I have a real family, I was born to do as i wish, not designed in a labratory as in instrument of war.

Dear Clan Warriors, you were designed to wage war, are those who created you too cowardly to fight themselves, what makes them deserving of your protection? If you do manage to conquer everything, then what? Your warmongering instincts will pick at you until you are driven to insanity.

But don't worry, we freebirths will fight untill we are all dead if it means we do not have to live under a "superior" race's authority.

Then you can have fun fighting eachother (Its impossible for that many people to not fight eachother eventually) and you will have recreated the star league's collapse, good job.

Edited by NotoriousForce, 23 June 2012 - 10:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users