Xp/cbill Gain Explaination?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

is there some kind of chart or something that explains how these are calculated after a round?

Seems so random. I have a round with like 4 kills, 8 assists, 5 components, 800 dmg yet get less XP and bills than a round that seems to have worse stats. (win or lose) using regular mechs (non champion or hero)

#2 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

there is a list floating around that states how much cbills/xp you get for each type of action (spots, savior kills, assists etc.) depending on the game mode. it is all slightly different depending on the game mode you are currently in.

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:12 AM

If I remember right, Cbill values change - XP does not.

Conquest gives less Cbills per action - but is expected to make up the difference in the resources bonus.

#4 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:40 AM

Game-mode makes a huge difference. Conquest, in particular, has significantly lower c-bill rewards for actions like kills, assists, and spots. As Shar pointed out, the "resources collected" bonus is supposed to make up the difference, but as most conquest games quickly turn into a deathmatch, and rarely end via max-resource points captured, it doesn't really end up making up for it.

XP from kills and assists is also directly tied to what percentage of damage you did to an enemy. So if you just graze an enemy with a laser, you might only get like 5-10XP for the assist, whereas if you solo'd that enemy you'd get significantly more.

Edited by DEMAX51, 02 October 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:42 AM

This is probably getting a bit out of date by now: http://mwo.gamepedia...ow_Your_Bonuses

XP is tied to how much damage you did, and you can get as little as 1 xp for an assist

Edited by Redshift2k5, 02 October 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#6 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

thanks, I never knew about the differences with conquest.

#7 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 02 October 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

thanks, I never knew about the differences with conquest.

I had forgotten about it till recently when someone posted the exact details in suggestions.

Been trying to find it again. :unsure:

Edit: I think it was in suggestions at least...

Edited by Shar Wolf, 02 October 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#8 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

There's a lot of semi-random stuff throw in there as well. Savior bonus can be a big deal, as can defender, but savior only happens if the mech that dies had hit a badly damaged mech reciently (but can be applied multiple times for a single enemy). Defender only happens if you get a kill in a cap point (IE, the kill was in the cap point, you don't have to be). Not to mention spotting assists, which can go from non-existent to double digits for simply using the R button to target enemies. Component destruction are also a big money maker You get 1 per kill, but you can often get more, or you may not get any while getting a bunch of assists.

I say Semi-Random only because many of them are hard to control. Savior and Defender are very hard to control. Component distructions are something you can work on yourself by targeting and blowing off limbs (A kill also gets a component distruction, and is weighted CBill wise accordingly so they're roughly equal)

Edited by Bront, 02 October 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#9 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:19 PM

This may help. Very good post. http://mwomercs.com/...warrior-online/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users