Your Dream Mechwarrior game

10 replies to this topic

#1 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

If anyone has ever played shogun total war or any total war, they remember commanding hundreds of thousands of soilders in real time and a tactical map in turn based strategy and you can build more soilders. I would want to adapt that to mechwarrior with up to 50 regiments in the real time. I would want to then add in the mechwarrior online first person combat were you are fighting with your troops in the command mech. If you get killed, you go to the next highest rank as commander. You would issue commands via a microphone say, "Regiment 2 Battalion 3 A Company Fire Support lance, Cover Sentry 7's retreat from the enemy company Alpha." Or you could have nicknames, say "Fox Lance, cover Watchdog's retreat from the enemy company.....
On the global map, you could build mechs in lances all the way up to regiments in different tech levels and weights, EX Clan or Succesion war or such. In STW you could combine them so they would be under one leader and you could move them on the Tac Map together. The better commander it is, the higher morale is. If that commander is killed, the troops might retreat or be in a full rout. There could be citys and forests on the planets. You could also have Support units to such as tanks or fighters or even infantry. The way the game modes would work is several campaings which is just a bunch of real time games with cut scenes and then a conquest version which has all the factions (including clan) and the first one to capture all the planets wins. Every turn on the tactical map is 1 week, which for troops moving is one jump. The mechs being created would take several months based on tech level and the tech level and size of the factory they are being made at. Same with support units. You could have spies to spying on enemy commanders (like a deep undercover seducer :) ) Finally, you could have different buildings and such like research places. You would play the part of a succesor lord and assuming that they get killed in combat, or die of old age, it would pass to his heir. Different factions would have different bonuses such as Davion having more starting troops and factory's and Steiner with more starting money and income places. You could create alliances and sell off your kids to win conquest in a dinplomatic solution or do the clan thing and destroy everything.

Post your own dream game below.

#2 TripleHex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOut of range of your weapons

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

What?! You mean MWO isn't the perfect game??? :)

#3 Vashts1985

• 1,115 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

i will tell you in a few months.

#4 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

MWO is in it :)

#5 Landeraxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 293 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostChunkymonkey, on 24 June 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

If anyone has ever played shogun total war or any total war, they remember commanding hundreds of thousands of soilders in real time and a tactical map in turn based strategy and you can build more soilders. I would want to adapt that to mechwarrior with up to 50 regiments in the real time. I would want to then add in the mechwarrior online first person combat were you are fighting with your troops in the command mech. If you get killed, you go to the next highest rank as commander. You would issue commands via a microphone say, "Regiment 2 Battalion 3 A Company Fire Support lance, Cover Sentry 7's retreat from the enemy company Alpha." Or you could have nicknames, say "Fox Lance, cover Watchdog's retreat from the enemy company.....
On the global map, you could build mechs in lances all the way up to regiments in different tech levels and weights, EX Clan or Succesion war or such. In STW you could combine them so they would be under one leader and you could move them on the Tac Map together. The better commander it is, the higher morale is. If that commander is killed, the troops might retreat or be in a full rout. There could be citys and forests on the planets. You could also have Support units to such as tanks or fighters or even infantry. The way the game modes would work is several campaings which is just a bunch of real time games with cut scenes and then a conquest version which has all the factions (including clan) and the first one to capture all the planets wins. Every turn on the tactical map is 1 week, which for troops moving is one jump. The mechs being created would take several months based on tech level and the tech level and size of the factory they are being made at. Same with support units. You could have spies to spying on enemy commanders (like a deep undercover seducer :) ) Finally, you could have different buildings and such like research places. You would play the part of a succesor lord and assuming that they get killed in combat, or die of old age, it would pass to his heir. Different factions would have different bonuses such as Davion having more starting troops and factory's and Steiner with more starting money and income places. You could create alliances and sell off your kids to win conquest in a dinplomatic solution or do the clan thing and destroy everything.

Yeah, not really liking that. I think the game I am seeing develop now is closer to the mark for me.

#6 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

It has Mechwarrior Online in it, it just gets better :)

#7 Xmador

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 121 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostChunkymonkey, on 24 June 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

So, basically a suped up Mechcommander game

#8 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Its never gonna happen, wheres the knife?

View PostXmador, on 25 June 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

So, basically a suped up Mechcommander game

More like Mechwarrior and Commander combined and then having their dna put in a iron womb to create a super game.

#9 Hell Cat

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLast seen Planet Delsher

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

Have you ever wanted to know more about your pilot? My dream Mechwarrior game (other than MWO) is a heavy focus on character development and story, similar to Mass Effect. (Add in all the MW rules and combat and this is all set!) Don't forget Multiplayer (Directly linked to MWO)

Edited by Hell Cat, 25 June 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#10 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

BattleMechs - check

In my dreams (as Paul would/will say);
AeroSpace (including Atmospheric only)
Infantry (including Battle Armor)
Vehicles (including support vehicles)
Watercraft of all types and sizes
Real Time Command and Control, battlefield overview, etc (C3I)
Reinforcements
Choke Points
Capture Points
Intell and Counter-Intell

All rolled up into one package that is playable on a large variety of platforms.

I don't think I'm asking for much. :)

#11 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

Until That Day!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users