Teamwork Forcer Feature

4 replies to this topic

#1 Tibrys

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

ive played this game since early beta and its extremly few times that theres been any sign of teamwork.

usually im friendly and do what i can for my lance or fellow mechwarrior, but now im over it.

Force a lance to be within 600 meters of eatchother and to follow a order that has been marked on the map from the commander / lanceleader.

How:

make the desserter take damage or FFA target if they do not follow the lanceleader or not following the order

when: well, as stated above, if in breatch with the order or running around on " rambo " runs

reasons:

to improve teamwork.

#2 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostTibrys, on 13 December 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

ive played this game since early beta and its extremly few times that theres been any sign of teamwork.

usually im friendly and do what i can for my lance or fellow mechwarrior, but now im over it.

Force a lance to be within 600 meters of eatchother and to follow a order that has been marked on the map from the commander / lanceleader.

How:

make the desserter take damage or FFA target if they do not follow the lanceleader or not following the order

when: well, as stated above, if in breatch with the order or running around on " rambo " runs

reasons:

to improve teamwork.

1. this is a game - its supposed to be fun! If people get forced to do something it won't be fun anymore

2. who decides who the commander is? in Pugs its 99 of 100 times some kids with too much hormons leading their team into a deathtrap

3. this "feature" could be abused in a really bad way by trolls - like hey I'm a ECM-spider and take command and order all people somewhere fare of the map and watch how they all die by taking damage ...

#3 DOTSGEMINI

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:29 PM

Also, the commander interface is atrocious. If this were to be a feature there would be too much abuse by trolls

#4 TheTriforceKid

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:12 AM

then perhaps a system of point deductions and penalties should be implemented as well to deter players from deliberately walking into a trap? If there is a penalty hefty enough, people will think twice about sending their team into a trap "For fun". Just like Tking and Team Damage deduct points, then so, too, should bad leadership on the part of a lance leader.

#5 Khosumi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 136 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:26 AM

ive played this game since early beta

It's not because you played this game for a long time that your opinions are only good ideas that can only ever benefit the game.
Case in point:

Not only does forcing people into something they don't want to do is a very bad thing to do as they will not work together, but also create a toxic environment. 600 meters is so close you might as well stand on top of each other. Not every self proclaimed pug commander is stellar and knows anything about the game.

Before you drown in your own salty tears and post 15 other topics, you might want to try and stop making 13 spelling mistakes in a 3 letters word. You have auto correct, use it, at least.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users