Balance BattleMechs

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wren2773

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

Hello and today I’d like to discuss the Ice Ferret. It has the potential to be a very good mech but it suffers from a lack of hard points when compared to other medium, both clan and IS. In fact, only the Commando, Spider, and Mist Lynx have same number of hardpoints or worse and they are 20 to 15 tons lighter than the Ice Ferret.
It is a fairly simple fix to adjust this and can easily be done by PGI. First I would suggest adding in the Prime config in the CT 1 energy hardpoint. For the stock build, do not change it but add it so when someone is modifying it they have the option available to add an energy weapon there. Should be a simple fix, just copy and paste from the other variants ct and paste in place of this one and save. Next, I would suggest creating two new omnipods for the ice ferret. First would be a new RA for config E. This would add 2 energy hardpoints for the right arm. Easiest way to model this would be to take the IFR-A, remove the ams from it and then add another energy connection matching the IFR-Prime LA. This shouldn’t take too much work to create since PGI would be using existing models for the Ice Ferret to create a new omnipod. The last addition I would like to see is a RT omnipod that has 1 missile hardpoint. Unfortuantely there does not exist any omnipod in lore for the Ice Ferret that utilizes the RT so this would be a wholly PGI created omnipod. This would not take much work though, do a copy and paste from the IFC-C LT and call it a day. Possibly name tn config C2.

Thanks

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

The Ice Ferret D also has a 2E right arm. It's also already in the game files:

Posted Image

There's also a second AMS hardpoint on the opposite arm, but not much else.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

I've already written a thread about it.
http://mwomercs.com/...mate-clan-narc/

Unfortunately, some of your suggestions probably won't happen (adding the energy hardpoint to the CT).

I feel bad for people that didn't buy the Hellbringer level, as being saddled with two bad mechs before it is a preemptive version of buyer's remorse.

I hope you enjoy your "Fridge".

Edited by Deathlike, 24 December 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#4 Wren2773

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

Don't get me wrong, I do like both my Ice Ferret and the Mist Lynx and don't regret buying them but do feel they could be improved slightly to play a little better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users