Elo Change

4 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:18 PM

why newbie thread? well i really think this change will help..

Connect ELO to mech..

step 1, if you have a medium, start there...

step 2, if you have another of those mechs... start there.....

step 3, After 50-100 matches.. let that mech have its own ELO.. I swear i play certain mechs, and i am almost always gonna loose... Other mechs.. i am over 50/50.....

thoughts?

#2 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

Not the place for this. This topic belongs in either general discussion or feature suggestion. This is the place for offering help to new players about the game as it exists currently.

#3 Thorqemada

• 6,373 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:30 AM

Official is that each weightclass has ist own Elo but in a weightclass Elo is shared between all Mechs.
I have losing and winning streaks of 5 or 10 matches (anything in between) and sometimes its oscillating between win and loss and there is nothing you can do - i have played bad at will and won matches and played the best matches ever and lost them in embarassing ways.

Sometmes i have the feeling new Mechs are not put into the Elo range somehow for a while but it could as well be dumb luck or daytime or simply the Mech is never a priority target or that better than anything else around and you get results you can only wonder.

Edited by Thorqemada, 19 January 2015 - 04:31 AM.

#4 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:07 AM

Firstly I dont think this topic should be in the section.

To reply though, I do not believe the player base in big enough for ELO to work as well as intedned.

#5 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

ok.... this should be in general... But...... (if not changed please FM, move it :) )

I dunno... it just made me think... i played medium mechs all night... like the 4SP, 4G. 7K... ect... i get wins, and losses, maybe 50/50 like normal..

but then i swap to my cicada 3C...

Is it cause it is new? is it cause i just am not into that style? is it cause well i just suck with it?? I dunno... But loose streak is to follow..

It just makes me feel like.. if i play a mech i am good at... If i play well we win.. But if i play a mech i am bad at.. the game thinks i am going to do much better and it always is a loss..

Has anyone else had this experience?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users