#1 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

It would be useful to have some form of weapon clearance indicator for weapons. Basically it checks if it will hit where your crosshair points or if there is anything that would stop it anywhere between.

This would reduce unintentional friendly fire and shot wastage due to terrain and obstacles.

#2 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:59 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#3 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:13 AM

Bump. :)

#4 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

This sounds like a good idea. I'd like to see a laser tracer coming from each weapon, kind of like like tag but with only a visual effect which could be toggled on/off like missile bay doors. This would also help tremendously with those invisible walls.

#5 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostMetafox, on 01 March 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

... This would also help tremendously with those invisible walls.

I cannot "this" that last part enough. I have had many experiences with invisible walls in my day, but some of the ones in this game just... well, we have all experienced that, I am sure. ;) So being able to tell if such a barrier was in your firing line would be great. ^_^

#6 TheArcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:22 PM

I like the idea of a clearance indicator or the laser tracer.

For the tracer, only as long as it is drawn only for the player. Enemies/friendlies should not be able to see it. Also, like the TAG, it must stop when it hits something. Otherwise, the really tall mechs might not see the laser hitting a light that is below the field of fiew.

#7 destroika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:52 PM

Excellent, yet simple idea.

#8 LyskTrevise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

A more reasonable and immersive solution would be to simply make use of the various screens in the cockpits, or have a light on the crossbars of the cockpit, seperate from the doors indicator that shows a color depending on if the arm is aiming at the same location as the crosshairs.

I like the light indicator idea better than the cockpit screen idea, since some mechs dont have those screens in the viewing window for easy access.

If the light indicator is too confusing with the current missile bay door indicator, then you could simply have a HUD light near the six weapon group indicators, one on each side of the reticle that lights yellow or red for "cleared" and "blocked" respectively.

An example in the spoiler container of what these HUD elements could look like. Excuse the MS paint skillz.

Spoiler

Edited by LyskTrevise, 01 March 2015 - 05:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users