If The B J 1-D C Is Getting Quirks On A Weapon With 7% Less Dps, Can We At Least Get The Cooldown Boost Back?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:05 PM

The BlackJack 1-DC recently had it's quirks changed from a 40% Cooldown on AC/5 to a 25% cooldown on AC/2. The AC/5 has 7% higher DPS than an AC/2, as per base stats.

So, the BJ1-DC got DPS-nerfed by 15% on the cooldown, and 7% on the base DPS.

So, my request to the Lords of Balance is:

If you're going to change the quirks to an inferior weapon system, could you please at least give the full cooldown quirk back to compensate for the loss in base-DPS?

Right now, the BJ1-DC is nothing other than a sluggish, less maneuverable BJ1 without JJ-capacity. Giving the full cooldown quirk back would give it something positive to differentiate it from the more maneuverable, JJ-capable BJ1.

If you think the BJ1-DC needed to have its total firepower reduced, then I would challenge you to find a single competitive group that was mopping up with BJ1-DCs.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 27 February 2015 - 11:14 PM.

#2 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,012 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:39 PM

Not only that.
The DC is now nearly the twin of the BJ-1. Which alone shows how wrong that change was.

#3 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:10 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 27 February 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

Not only that.
The DC is now nearly the twin of the BJ-1. Which alone shows how wrong that change was.

I know, the quirk change was meant to reflect the Stock Loadout... but they reduced the Cooldown Quirk AND changed the weapons.

They didn't have to nerf the cooldown quirk if they were also nerfing the base damage output. The double-nerfing would suggest that the BJ1DC was some kind of overpowered God Machine, when in fact, it was only just an Inner Sphere Medium.

#4 Soldryn

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:58 AM

I'd personally like to see it reverted to an AC/5 quirk, even if they keep the reduced CD value.
And to be fair, on a decent day in my BJ1-DC, I was doing REALLY nasty things to people with those AC/5's, so I can see an argument that 40% (like the WVR-6R) might have been a bit excessive. Having 2 variants of a chassis with virtually the same exact quirks is not very useful, let alone the fact that they couldn't even include the BJ-2, a decision I have never understood.

#5 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:03 AM

View PostSoldryn, on 28 February 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:

I'd personally like to see it reverted to an AC/5 quirk, even if they keep the reduced CD value.
And to be fair, on a decent day in my BJ1-DC, I was doing REALLY nasty things to people with those AC/5's, so I can see an argument that 40% (like the WVR-6R) might have been a bit excessive. Having 2 variants of a chassis with virtually the same exact quirks is not very useful, let alone the fact that they couldn't even include the BJ-2, a decision I have never understood.

I too, would like to see the quirks reverted.

Or, if the lords of balance are so vehemently against returning the DakkaJack to it's former barely-passable glory, then perhaps some mutant amalgamation of both AC5 and AC2, like the Jager.

#6 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

Yes, reversion to the last quirks would be good for the economy of the game and for PGI, as it would encourage people to buy both the 1 and the 1DC. It would be more fun for the players to have variety, and would not detract from anything positive that already exists.

However, even if they keep the new weapon system quirked (AC/2), then they should at least quirk it harder to compensate for the 1DC's combat deficiencies (reduced turning radius, lack of JJ).

Edited by Prosperity Park, 02 March 2015 - 02:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users