Chose Maps?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Archie4Strings

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:42 PM

I was always wondering, why it is not possible, to chose a map. Or at least, chose like 3 of all the maps which you dont want to play (f.e. to increase the chance of getting a map that fits your loadout)?
Is there any official statement about it?
I dont wanna be screamy and whiny or something, but it is soooo annoying to me.

Just... did anybody hear anything about it so far???

I just come up with it cause i recently skilled the warhawk prime (sniper) and the warhawk B (brawler or LRMs) and its always the wrong maps... like really always (not just 3 times Mordor in one evening ;) )

I dont know any Computergame, in which you are not allowed to chose a map, why is that so in MWO?
Just.. why?? It does not make sense to me... I really like the game, got no big issues with balancing or stuff.... i just wanna have some nice long distance sniper fights with my ER PPC Warhawk on Alpine Peaks!!! :angry: never had one so far.... :(

#2 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

It probably has to do with giving the matchmaker a large enough pool of players to choose from when making matches. If map choice was an option, it would throw a wrench into the match maker, and it has enough to deal with already.

Im just glad they let us exclude match types. I cut assault out of my diet, and my gaming experience has improved dramatically.

Edited by Mirumoto Izanami, 07 March 2015 - 02:44 PM.

#3 wolf74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:50 PM

They tried it for a bit. But it was a massive pain in the butt for the match maker. It took wait time up and made a lot of way out of balanced matchs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users