Patcher Not Opening For You? Info Here!

17 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:30 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,
Some players are experiencing an issue where the patcher window is not appearing after running the standard MechWarriorOnline.exe.
If this issue is happening to you, please right-click on your MechWarriorOnline.exe and select 'Run As Administrator'.

#2 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

Best to just run MWO and other trusted programs to 'Run as Admin...' especially if you're a Win7x64 user :D

btw.... FIRST! :P

Edited by Grendel408, 07 April 2015 - 10:53 AM.

#3 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:26 AM

I'm not sure this is a good idea in the long run, but I'll trust you this time.

#4 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts
  • Locationhaliburton, ON. CANADA

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:36 AM

Any other suggestions as this does not work for me....
No stompy bots for me.

#5 Spoolahead

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

Well that was a fail any other ideas to fix the patch. it wont even load for me just says unknown failure.

#6 Mhuur

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDayr Khuna (Oregon, USA)

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:18 PM

So the patch today stalled halfway through finalizing... I saw the "run as admin" supposed fix for this, so I canceled out of the patch, and ran the game as administrator... only to have the install base begin to download.

Am I really going to have to sit through this for a hour or more just because the patch got screwed up?

Edited by Mhuur, 07 April 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#7 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:07 PM

Same here, doesn't work -.-

EDIT: The good old "have you tried to turn it off and on again?!" - a reboot and everything was fine

Edited by Frytrixa, 07 April 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#8 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

And the epic build up for the great Urbie release day was fumbled and failed hard by the behind the scene muckery of the patcher. Great work. I knew something was off when my firewall started asking for new exclusions for MWO files that it hasn't had issues with in years.

So I'm running repair tool now hoping to reinitiate patching, since nothing else seems to activate. If that fails, I'll be changing todays catch phrase name from "Urbie Release Day" to MWO Reinstall Day"......... yay.......

#9 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

For .. This error has been around since the beginning but with more operating system conflicts. If only now has some less evil. Already talking about it because the reason W7 registers in the execution of the game appears Wvista. It is a mistake or this correct?

#10 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:45 PM

Standard tip:
Always keep a backup clone of your MechWarrior folder! Especially before applying a patch.
It makes things a lot simpler when things corrupt, just restore the backup folder and try again rather than full reinstalls and endless repair tool loops.

#11 Bruce13F4O

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIN OKLAHOMA

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:56 PM

I'm having issues with the Patcher as well. I get three quarters of the way through the first patch and then the patcher just quits running and the program shuts off.

#12 rolling thunder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSOUTHPORT,UK

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

Reading this i'm annoyed. I got a few minutes to myself for a game only to once again have to run a patch. After 4 hours the patch was only halfway through. This was after the first attempt at the patch failed. I have totally uninstalled the game, restarted my PC & now I have to wait for the reinstall. So that is going to be 6 hours of paid playing time i'm not getting back. Massive disappointment & I wont be getting to play before midday tomorrow{now today} if i'm lucky?

#13 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:16 PM

It looked as though the patch stalled halfway through, after waiting about 5 mins or so at the "50%" mark, but after opening up task manager, saw that the patcher was still dilligently writing to disk. It completed properly without any issues.

#14 EvGaS

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 77 posts
  • LocationKyiv, UA

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:27 PM

Nothing starts. Admin wont helps, shut off firewall wont helps, repair tool goes error window.

Going to uninstall - install.
Win 7-64 ultimate with admin rights.

This is total fail... Game will slowly die cause slow new inventions and bugs, bugs, bugs... =(
Sad.

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:57 PM

Haven't got any issue getting it to start.

My issue is it hung up on the "finalizing patch" for about half an hour without any progress. Now it's redownloading the game from scratch. :(

I'm gonna miss the Urbie Derby.

#16 rolling thunder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSOUTHPORT,UK

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:33 PM

I came down this morning to find the game installed. As i'd read elsewhere that the repair tool should be run that is what i'm doing. The repair tool is currently fixing mismatched files. I guess I wait a bit longer to play?

#17 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:50 PM

My install went corrupt mid-patch; after the PC was reset (slowed down to a crawl) the patcher reinstalled the entire game. Went fairly quickly, all settings were retained and the game runs as before. The gaming evening was pretty much ruined but no serious harm done.

#18 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:46 AM

i ended up running the repair tool from the file directly to get mine up and running again- took a few hours though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users