ISN News Flash

21 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

Mon. July 2, 3049: Officer demoted after fall-out from investigative reporter breaching security protocols at Chirikof’s germanium mine.

#2 Syrusbrian

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

ouch

#3 Jungelion

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationThat mech blasting you in the face

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

not first B)

#4 Illusion Tokomi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationJurai Homeworld

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

Gotta keep that Germanium a secret. It's important. Ok? B)

#5 akaChrisHimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 292 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

Posted Image

#6 Syclonus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 331 posts
  • LocationOak Ridge, TN

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

Posted Image

#7 Schtirlitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Damn those reporters B)

#8 LegionZero

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

So... I hear you need an officer B)

#9 Dagger6T6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

you can't mine geraniums!? security protocol indeed!

Posted Image

#10 DarkTreader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Chirikof is the a waystation for travelers in the Federated Suns Outback. The AFFS has made the world headquarters for the Chirikof Operations Area, a part of the Crucis March which covers the area between the Capellan March and the Taurian Concordat. Originally settled as a mining colony, the world still exports germanium to Galax. As expansion efforts along the Taurian border grew, Chirikof became more and more important as a travel stop. Ships and crews would use Chirikof as a base station during their explorations, which stimulated the Federated Suns' leadership to build space stations and permanently station military forces there.
The increased number of ships and resulting docking fees were welcomed by the citizens of the world as the mining operations greatly reduced their output. Today Chirikof is still a key part of the transportation network for the Outback, with ships constantly traveling to and from the system. To defend against pirates and other threats, the AFFS High Command has permanently stationed two regiments of marines, a regiment of special forces, and several brigades of active duty and militia conventional forces on the world. Several wings of AeroSpace Fighters and DropShips guard the space stations from threats.
Before the Periphery March was fully activated, Chirikof acted as the headquarters for General Raymond-Roger Marsin's operations in the Outback.

In the future, the Fort Chirikof Repair Facilities will produce the Cloud Ten transport vehicle.

Source: Sarna.net

#11 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostDarkTreader, on 02 July 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

Chirikof is the a waystation for travelers in the Federated Suns Outback. The AFFS has made the world headquarters for the Chirikof Operations Area, a part of the Crucis March which covers the area between the Capellan March and the Taurian Concordat. Originally settled as a mining colony, the world still exports germanium to Galax. As expansion efforts along the Taurian border grew, Chirikof became more and more important as a travel stop. Ships and crews would use Chirikof as a base station during their explorations, which stimulated the Federated Suns' leadership to build space stations and permanently station military forces there.
The increased number of ships and resulting docking fees were welcomed by the citizens of the world as the mining operations greatly reduced their output. Today Chirikof is still a key part of the transportation network for the Outback, with ships constantly traveling to and from the system. To defend against pirates and other threats, the AFFS High Command has permanently stationed two regiments of marines, a regiment of special forces, and several brigades of active duty and militia conventional forces on the world. Several wings of AeroSpace Fighters and DropShips guard the space stations from threats.
Before the Periphery March was fully activated, Chirikof acted as the headquarters for General Raymond-Roger Marsin's operations in the Outback.

In the future, the Fort Chirikof Repair Facilities will produce the Cloud Ten transport vehicle.

Source: Sarna.net

So, to add to this: the reason it's so important is that Germanium (which is an actual element) is one of the key materials needed for the manufacture of K-F Drives. :)

#12 jaerich

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

How long does my pending stay on I'm ready to play can someone answer this its been bout 6 days now

#13 Nairdowell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 193 posts
  • LocationDeep in my hidden lab, atop a mountain, somewhere in the backwoods of Tennessee, USA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

jaerich.... just about everyone you see has a pending sign.... and have had them since the start of Beta.... be patient.... if your lucky, it will change, but to what I have no idea (as I obviously show pending as well)...

search the forums for additional information, including founder packs... that may help...

#14 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Also, to follow up on my previous post...

Since HPGs and Black Boxes apparently work on similar principles to the K-F Drives, perhaps they also use Germanium in their construction and the manufacture of certain replacement parts (which, in turn, increases the importance of Germanium... and control thereof...)? :)

#15 Hypernaut

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

Typical: management wants to get rich by saving money on guard wages and security measures and when something blows in their face a low security officer is held responisable as a scape goat....
I hope i can stomp some of them manager-types beneath my mech-foot...

#16 Constati

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

I signed up on or around may 15th and I am still pending

#17 stukinit

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSomewhere under your house.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Ha think this could have been a jab at the leaked footage being on a german gaming website? (and the person in question being "demoted")?

**Conspiracy hat**

#18 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

View Poststukinit, on 02 July 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Ha think this could have been a jab at the leaked footage being on a german gaming website? (and the person in question being "demoted")?

**Conspiracy hat**

Are you suggesting that ISN feeds are based partially on real-world 21st-century events? Well, I hope that hat is made of foil... well, actually, my hat for the summer is made of brass mesh. It still works as a Faraday hat, but is cooler than solid foil.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 02 July 2012 - 11:04 PM.

#19 stukinit

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSomewhere under your house.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 02 July 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

Are you suggesting that ISN feeds are based partially on real-world 21st-century events? Well, I hope that hat is made of foil... well, actually, my hat for the summer is made of brass mech. It still works as a Faraday hat, but is cooler than solid foil.

Have I ever told you I love you?

:3

#20 Benjamin Emory

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 02 July 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

So, to add to this: the reason it's so important is that Germanium (which is an actual element) is one of the key materials needed for the manufacture of K-F Drives. :huh:

I thought that ability to manufacture K-F Drives was largely lost, or was that earlier in the timeline?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users