Clan 'enhanced Imaging' As Game-Balance Modifier

6 replies to this topic

#1 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:54 PM

so people are really complaining now that the timber wolf is nerfed but really the timber wolf is still pulling high 700 scores frequently, so it was a non issue - the build that was nerfed more seems to be the stormcrow of the two big clan nerfs, even though it still has good hitbox and the great accel/braking gives it great survivability.

if the inner sphere is BY MIRACLE actually stronger after these nerf passes are done, i would ask - could we somehow add an ability, like the clan's famed enhanced imaging, to balance the game in a more indirect way? - like clan weapons were balanced in an indirect way via beam duration, range, splash, etc.. -

you can use this opportunity to add clan enhanced imaging to the game!

it would serve like a hack vision for clan mechs to see the game in a more old fashioned rendering from like 1993 - for navigating easier, the lighting level would be the same as night vision + daylight added and with a wireframe around the buildings.

the enemy mechs THAT ARE TARGETED (zellbrigen) would show up in RED (instead of white when hot when using heat vision)
the enemy will also come with a simple wireframe mesh, more simplistic.
allied mechs will show up the same tint as the blue level so friendly fire will still happen (it even encourages zellbrigen because it would be more detrimental for clanners to just rush a target), but now you can see the enemy clearly at 800 meter and targeted enemy lights up in red, fog is greatly diminished

i made a photoshop layer composition here:
i added the light from the night vision with the "overlay" method to the normal vision, then add some tint to the color, light up what is on heat vision even more with the "lighten" method - add this layer by 25% only - color the enemy mech red and render the buildings with minimal textures, allow some type of wireframe.
Spoiler

i think this would give clanners a clear advantage that we can nerf the weapons even more if we need to, and it makes the clans more unique and fun and different from inner sphere that you want to play them legitimately - it would also reflect what we know about the clans from all the lore and reward targetting one solid mech (zellbrigen)

as a tradeoff clanners would not come with heat vision, just enhanced and night vision, so their awareness is a bit limited because with enhanced imaging they only see the current selected mech stand out from background!, but this would also come with better framerates because of the minimalist rendering done here, so good tradeoffs here and there - this would also make the clanners rely on eyesight to shoot when hillhumping vs several mechs because they wouldn't light up in enhanced imaging unless targeted with R

Edited by Mazzyplz, 21 May 2015 - 08:00 AM.

#2 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:38 PM

and actually, the more i think about it -we already had this once before it was predator mode heat vision from Close Beta!!!!!!!!

you already have all that code, just bring predator mode back for the clans, but only make enemies red if close or specifically targeted. - it would make clans more unique to play and it would give the clans an edge that isn't necesarily about direct firepower or how damage is applied

AND!! if i recall correctly, predator mode even came with a radar sweep that would cover terrain around it; that's perfect because you can use that instead of wireframes to help clanners navigate the terrain more easily - just increase the frequency at which that sonar would sweep the game terrain so it looks like an effect that traces the enviroment/terrain/obstacles

see how the "sonar/radar" sweeps thru the terrain every 1 second at minute 1:50!!! you would need to make it faster so you see several bands going around IMO. but all the code is already part of piranha games

PLEASE BRING PREDATOR MODE BACK FOR CLAN MECH! (but make it so it is mainly targeted mechs that show up red)

Edited by Mazzyplz, 20 May 2015 - 02:44 PM.

#3 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

Y'know... I came into this thread expecting whining that all clan mechs should have the Advanced Zoom module built in....

But I was pleasantly surprised! This suggestion is actually pretty awesome! *thumbs up*

And that mockup is totally badass! Kudos!

I forgot about the little waves that radiated from your mech in olden days... God, the early version of this game had so many amazing little things that I've forgotten, and miss...

#4 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

E I was cool dont recon it will come any time soon though :(

#5 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

Waiit.... why is your mockup from an Awesome's perspective? >_> I demand you redo it with he proper clanner glory!

#6 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:01 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 20 May 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

Waiit.... why is your mockup from an Awesome's perspective? >_> I demand you redo it with he proper clanner glory!

lol but this isn't my clan account :D bawaha

HERE:

Posted Image

Edited by Mazzyplz, 21 May 2015 - 08:13 AM.

#7 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 21 May 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

lol but this isn't my clan account :D bawaha

HERE:

Posted Image

Haha, hey, that's pretty good :P But, I suppose if yoh already had everything layered, it wasn't much to re-splice it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users