#1 Darbbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:26 PM

Hi all,

This has been bugging me for some time now because it seems that this game is steered towards profit, (which I cannot blame them and by all means please do) but also trying to maintain a sort of "lore" feel like Clan vs I.S. but this to me is not done correctly so with that said here's my opinion.

1) Clan Tech is and always should be superior than I.S. Tech. That's how my Grandaddy done it, that's how my Daddy done it and that's how it is. Clan mechs did not overheat and certainly not this badly ok so ask yourself, "why would an exiled people come back with "LessTech"? That's just stupid.
1a) I paid U.S. currency for a "Clan Omnimech" Timber Wolf. i didn't pay cash for an inferior
I.S. mech.
2) There are 2 types of Clan mechs with one of them being an "Omnimech". This is an advanced mech design that has "1" and only 1 chassie. These "Omnimech" chassies were designed to change "OmniPods" on the fly even on the battlefield. There was never 3 or more of the same chassie of any Omnimech ever, ok you don't change chassies people, you change Omnipods. This is were the line between "Lore or Profit" gets blurred. Toooo many of the same chassie in inventory and having to grind each one.

3) There were however 3 basic mech pros/cons or "roles" that each mech gave on the battlefield.
1) Armor: This mech had more armor than weapons and so had less weapons.
2) Weapon: This mech had more weapon hardpoints and so less room for armor.
3) Jump: This mech had jumpjets with a balance between armor and weapons.

4) I think there should be a C-Bill system which is funded by contract completion for Mercenary Commanders, House Employers, I.S. Commanders and Clan Commanders. These in turn would either purchase supplies (armor/weapons/mechs) for their Units and then the mechwarriors under their command would earn points towards better mechs/weapons and tech based on each mechwarriors rank and skill set. No soldier should have to pay for gear that should be supplied by the brass except maybe upgrades being out of pocket for the mechwarrior.

And lastly.

5) There should be salvage....saaaaalvage...all that scrap mech parts you see left there from endless and in my opinion, pointless battles. There is no incentive. Wouldn't it make more sense to fight for salvage rights and resources? and thus make it easier for commanders to supply their Units with actual bounty from endless raids and contracts across the periphery? and maybe make up for costly repairs and refits?

I think if you're going to mix profit with lore then the lore should play into this game properly.

Thanks for reading,

Darbbo
Devil Dogs

Edited by Darbbo, 24 May 2015 - 12:36 AM.

#2 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:51 AM

The Problem with salvage would be:

small Units (maybe only 3-4 rl friends who decided to form a unit) would get less salvag- big Units (MS as an example) would litteraly swim in salvaged parts- so the balancing would not really work....

#3 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:37 AM

It's not lore or profit, it's lore or balance. Balance will always be paramount.

#4 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:39 AM

View PostBurktross, on 25 May 2015 - 06:37 AM, said:

It's not lore or profit, it's lore or balance. Balance will always be paramount.

Posted Image

#5 Hotthedd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostFireeagle, on 25 May 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

The Problem with salvage would be:

small Units (maybe only 3-4 rl friends who decided to form a unit) would get less salvag- big Units (MS as an example) would litteraly swim in salvaged parts- so the balancing would not really work....

Salvage would have to be individualized. perhaps broken down into salvage points that can be exchanged for actual parts?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users