Last Day To Vote For The Top 5 Re-Scaling 'mechs!

9 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:37 PM

Hello MechWarriors,
If you are not already aware, we're letting the community choose which top 5 'Mechs are getting re-scaled!
Tomorrow is the last day to vote for these top 5 so make sure you submit your vote now! Vote for Top 5 'Mechs to Re-Scale HERE!

#2 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

Vote for Nova!
(it is larger than the Timber Wolf now)
Posted Image
EDIT: actually, resizing the Nova might increase the chances for the Viper to appear in the game. It shares the Nova's legs, but would currently be too big for the game.

(and oh, I wish the Viper was given, even if only one variant, as a reward for owners of the full Clan Trilogy).

Edited by Odanan, 15 July 2015 - 03:53 AM.

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:10 AM

This chart looks a lot better than the previous.

But I would not care if the Nova stays as it is, yes its oversized, but with some CT HP quirks it would be fine. It looks epic it sounds epic and I doubt any rescale will improve its design, it would just make it more ugly for giving it more playability.

#4 Tarzilman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:03 AM

Not to forget, that every wrong-scaled IS mech is far more important to rescale than the "newer" Clan Mechs. Clanners can wait a few weeks more, IS is waiting for years! Vote for the Awsome, but since it has enough votes, VOTE FOR THE QUICKDRAW!!!

Edited by Tarzilman, 15 July 2015 - 01:04 AM.

#5 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:21 AM

it reminds me elections... except (at least in my country) the propaganda near the voting booths is forbidden

#6 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:42 AM

View PostOdanan, on 14 July 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

Vote for Nova!
Posted Image
EDIT: actually, resizing the Nova might increase the chances for the Viper to appear in the game. It shares the Nova's leg, but would currently be too big for the game.

(and oh, I wish the Viper was given, even if only one variant, as a reward for owners of the full Clan Trilogy).

[color=#000000]The [/color]Viper[color=#000000] is built on a lightweight [/color]Endo Steel[color=#000000] chassis and powered by a weight saving 320 [/color]XL engine[color=#000000] that propels the[/color]Viper[color=#000000] to a top speed of 129.6 km/h. The [/color]Viper[color=#000000] augments its impressive ground speed with eight [/color]jump jets[color=#000000] that allow it to jump up to a distance of two hundred and forty meters. The [/color]Viper[color=#000000] has seven tons of [/color]Ferro-Fibrous[color=#000000] armor to absorb any damage from shots that are lucky enough to strike it and has eight and a half tons of podspace for its weapons payload[/color]

#7 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:12 AM

Posted Image

They really should just look at that chart instead of leaving it up to a vote. There are mechs that very much deserve re-scaling that didn't even make it past round 1 of voting. Dragon and Thunderbolt are an excellent example. The mechs based just simply by looking at them in game, and even the chart above, are huge. The Timberwolf is actually smaller being 15 and 10 tons heavier! How messed up is that? But because they have variants with really good quirks they are in peoples heads not an issue, so neither got voted on. This is why just voting is not exactly fair. Well deserving mechs are getting left in the dust only because of the quirks they have today.

Edited by Wronka, 15 July 2015 - 06:16 AM.

#8 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:52 AM

Pix

View PostOdanan, on 14 July 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

Vote for Nova!
Posted Image

Pixel count makes no sense with different geometry/size/hitbox. Some mech have bad hitbox/geometry/size(Awesome, Quickdraw, Trebs), and those mech can't be helped with only resizing unless much more happens like hitbox change and geometry change and quirks. A AWSbarn is a AWSbarn(iconic shape), the treb is so flat and well defined you can target the part you want accross the map and the quickdraw could use to not be so huge, the last thing we want is all mech the same shape and size but yeah do resize the Quickdraw a little.

Clanners should take a number and sit. Their mechs, while they could use some love, still get the benifit of being ClanTech.

Edited by DAYLEET, 15 July 2015 - 07:56 AM.

#9 Tarzilman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:05 AM

Ok, ok, forget what I said. VOTE FOR THE AWESOME AGAIN! You can't be serious to prefer this damn Nova-Mech!

#10 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:23 AM

It wasn't a good idea to mix clan and IS mechs on the same poll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users