European Server Public Test Incentives!

21 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

The European Server Public Test Session is still going until July 16th at 3:00 PM PDT (10:00 PM UTC), and the initial results are looking great.
Players across Europe are seeing drastic improvements to their ping and hit-registration. Many players outside of Europe are also reporting very playable ping rates when connecting to the European server, which is great news for when these servers become active on the live environment.

Every PTS account is automatically provided with 50,000 MC, 500,000,000 C-Bills, and 500,000 GXP!

Logging onto the PTS before July 16th and playing some matches will give you a chance to spend some crazy currency and test a huge array of 'Mechs builds, with the additional benefit of helping us test player connection strength to the European servers for as wide a net of the playerbase as possible.
Keep in mind that PTS accounts don't carry over to the live servers, so you won't be able to transfer that currency or any 'Mechs, items, and experience you acquire on PTS over to the live servers.

The account that is used for your access to the PTS client is a 'snapshot' of your standard Live account taken on July 9th, and the log-in credentials are the same.

For full details on accessing the European Server Public Test session, check out the main post!

Head over to the PTS sub-forum to contribute your feedback, or check out the feedback already provided by players from multiple regions.

#2 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:50 AM

Good news !

Lets hope the server could go live soon.

#3 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

I'd love to get on and play some matches. I spent over two hours in the queue yesterday waiting for a match, but it doesn't seem likely to launch any time soon.

#4 Brendan Kuras

• Pip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 17 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

I could not find a match either but I'm testing in the USA.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:52 PM

View Postaniviron, on 15 July 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

I'd love to get on and play some matches. I spent over two hours in the queue yesterday waiting for a match, but it doesn't seem likely to launch any time soon.

While the PTS is not an accurate representation of what will happen live (like, many orders of magnitudes), we'll truly find out the definition of "large and diverse playerbase" soon™.

#6 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:29 PM

No doubt, 2015 is the Year of pure awesomeness and A++ employees at Piranha.
With the EU Server coming I'm going to convince everyone I know to check out and support MWO.

Great job guys!

#7 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

I've tried to find a match several times over the past 24 hours with no luck.

#8 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:08 PM

No opps, cmon guys its just midnight.

#9 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:26 PM

As much as I would like a lower ping, I think splitting the low population into Euro and NA is a bad idea, CW is still on world wide servers so, its hardly an incentive to play CW on a much higher ping than arena fighting..

On top of that are people really going to abandon friends they made across the world for a low ping, I know I won't be

#10 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 15 July 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

I've tried to find a match several times over the past 24 hours with no luck.

^^ this.

#11 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

I have stated this before and will do so again. You NEED to give people incentives for their live game account to get enough people using the Public Test Server. Free mech bay,MC,C-Bills, something. Otherwise you will not get enough people to test these things out.

#12 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:28 PM

Just spent another hour in the queue with nothing to show for it. That's three hours in two days with no matches, I'm giving up on this one.

#13 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:05 PM

Had this been done say... before Sept 2013, it wouldn't be so divisive... although now you'll get a whimpering cry of people that may come back, but know it's more or less the same game it was back then.

The worst part of the previous discussion about regional servers was that the "partners" (probably IGP) potentially wanted separate profiles per location. At this point, it's a moot point given the game can't take any more separation of the playerbase.

#14 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostRipper X, on 15 July 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

I have stated this before and will do so again. You NEED to give people incentives for their live game account to get enough people using the Public Test Server. Free mech bay,MC,C-Bills, something. Otherwise you will not get enough people to test these things out.

Yes!!!!

#15 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:49 PM

Why is the topic of this 'incentives' o.o I don't see any incentives per-se...

That being said, I was trying to test it before this thread came up... but, I couldn't find any matches ^^;

#16 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 15 July 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

Why is the topic of this 'incentives' o.o I don't see any incentives per-se...

That being said, I was trying to test it before this thread came up... but, I couldn't find any matches ^^;

These incentives are only for the test server and quite frankly is not nearly enough of an incentive. Tons of c-bills,MC,GXP so you can try any mech and any build you would want. However this is not the type of incentives most players want. They want something for their live account.

This is how it should have been done and be done for future tests. Say 10 matches in test server gains you something on your live game account.

Edited by Ripper X, 15 July 2015 - 05:30 PM.

#17 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostRipper X, on 15 July 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

These incentives are only for the test server and quite frankly is not nearly enough of an incentive. Tons of c-bills,MC,GXP so you can try any mech and any build you would want. However this is not the type of incentives most players want. They want something for their live account.

This is how it should have been done and be done for future tests. Say 10 matches in test server gains you something on your live game account.

Yeah, that really only allows new people who don't know what they like much benefit, unless there's a Hero mech you've just been dying to try out but aren't sure... You don't REALLY get the feel for a much until it is at least basicd, preferably elited.

EDIT: Err... wait... you get 500K GXP o.o So... yeah, I guess you could master any number of mechs you like to get a feel for them XD That's kinda nifty... But, some little bauble would be nice, even if it's just 1mil Cbills on the real account.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 15 July 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#18 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:52 PM

Allow it to start from 2v2 onwards if a time limit is reached if the population is still low. If that fails:

1) Log in PTS +125 MC on live.
2) Play 1 match = +Cockpit Item +Premium on live.
3) Play 3 matches = etc etc on live.

Prizes are just random selections but you get the idea.

For me that requires downloading another 6-7 gb on a slow 3rd world internet connection. Some people might also have bandwidth limits on their internet and might be hesitant to burn it on a test server.

Edited by Elizander, 15 July 2015 - 09:56 PM.

#19 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:26 PM

View PostElizander, on 15 July 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

For me that requires downloading another 6-7 gb on a slow 3rd world internet connection. Some people might also have bandwidth limits on their internet and might be hesitant to burn it on a test server.

^^THIS as well. Might be an idea to let the installer copy the bulk from the main MWO installation and only download the changed executables or whatever, but not the big .pak-files. On my non-third-world-but-still-slow connection, it took me 5 hours in the evening to download the client.

The choice between downloading the client and playing on my live account it an easy one.

#20 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:56 PM

I think I am guilty here, I am a UK player but I havent signed into the test environment yet. I dont have much time to play at the moment so I am grinding c-bills while I can.

I saw the topic saying incentives but there's nothing matching up. Any chance of MC's or c-bills? If so I reckon the amount of people in the test environment will jump fast ;)

Just my 2 pence.

Edited by The Unstoppable Puggernaut, 16 July 2015 - 10:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users