Another Friendly Psa

7 replies to this topic

#1 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:31 PM

If you see a big 100 ton slow assault mech under large amounts of fire slowly backing away while rolling damage, Its generally considered good courtesy to GET OUT THE FREAKING WAY.

That usually means we are taking a lot of damage and are trying not to DIE. Parking right behind us and preventing us from reversing is generally not very conducive to us living...

Failure to comply may result in angry messages in chat from your average player...from me, depending on my mood and how much damage you cause me to take it may or may not result in you getting a pair of Gauss rifles in the face...or two...or three...

Sincerely,
A scrubby Assault driver

#2 Tiger Dad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

Well, I can say that to all mechs backhumping my light when I'm poking and have been poking. But some douche wants to push me forward and take the spot cause he/she wants shots too. I'm stuck, can't back out and get focused on. Watch your friendlys. No one should be your meatshield.

#3 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:21 AM

Other side of that coin is that if you are at the head of a line going through a choke point don't even think of stopping or backing up.

#4 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:14 AM

Yeah, it happens that the guy behind in a medium or heavy think that the assault starts to push and follows just to see him start reversing and then it's hard to disappear even of you want to. Have been on both sides of that coin... :-)

#5 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

It's really a fixation problem.

Someone calls "Stay together", and people seem to interpret it as "Let's have an orgy" and proceed to leg-hump each other.

Resulting in the front guy getting humped in the ass while getting blasted from the front.

The whole thing about staying in formation is that you give each other room to work but still close enough to provide support. Humping is optional, not mandatory.

#6 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:47 AM

When i see a Fatty taking lots of fire I jump in FRONT of him for a bit and try to spread that dmg for him. We need fatties to shoot stuff...

protect your local fatty.

#7 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:03 AM

Never ever keep behind a friend, even if both of you are moving and no enemy is on sight. Your friend cannot stop and reverse fast enough if needed, and you won't have line of sight to shoot if an enemy pops in front of you.

And don't forget, save the fatties!

Posted Image

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,855 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostMrJeffers, on 14 August 2015 - 07:21 AM, said:

Other side of that coin is that if you are at the head of a line going through a choke point don't even think of stopping or backing up.

you should never approach the enemy through a narrow choke point, especially if they know you are coming. you just cant get enough guns on the target and if they are in a neat line abreast formation you are the default choice for focused fire.

if you didnt know they were there then blame your scouts. seriously though if that happens its probibly better to push on through and keep your momentum, maybe duck out the side or run for cover, if you are lucky the people blocking your reverse will also push through and form a decent firing line.

View PostDarthRevis, on 14 August 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

When i see a Fatty taking lots of fire I jump in FRONT of him for a bit and try to spread that dmg for him. We need fatties to shoot stuff...

protect your local fatty.

oh great now we have to worry about friendly fire in addition to not being able to manuver. though in that case im usually in no mood to care about ff.

Edited by LordNothing, 14 August 2015 - 11:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users