MW4 - Controls...

6 replies to this topic

#1 ElectroPulse

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hello, all!

I figured while I was waiting for the release of MW:O, I would try out MW4 to get a feel for the game.

Now, this has no doubt been answered elsewhere, but I have yet to find it...

How do you control your legs without making the reticule go to the edge of the screen? I have been messing around with the controls, and I can't figure it out... I would like the mouse to control the torso rotation (figured that much out), and the left and right arrows to control leg rotation (WITHOUT moving the reticule within the cockpit).

Any help?

Thanks!

#2 DDM PLAGUE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 151 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

View PostElectroPulse, on 08 July 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Hello, all!

I figured while I was waiting for the release of MW:O, I would try out MW4 to get a feel for the game.

Now, this has no doubt been answered elsewhere, but I have yet to find it...

How do you control your legs without making the reticule go to the edge of the screen? I have been messing around with the controls, and I can't figure it out... I would like the mouse to control the torso rotation (figured that much out), and the left and right arrows to control leg rotation (WITHOUT moving the reticule within the cockpit).

Any help?

Thanks!

You need to turn the auto center off also as long as you are turning & not also when you turn you turn the whole mech, you have to constantly adjust your torso to keep you target in sight.
Do your self a favor get a joystick with a twist axis or rudder pedals, you have more control over your mech with an axis than a key.
As the saying goes a good big fighter will beat a good small fighter, same with a mech a good joystick pilot will beat a good , keyboard & mouse pilot.

#3 Grimarch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGuildford

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

Indeed this is simply with a joystick, but takes a bit to get used to it. Especially when you are twisted and forget!

#4 ElectroPulse

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostDDM PLAGUE, on 08 July 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

You need to turn the auto center off also as long as you are turning & not also when you turn you turn the whole mech, you have to constantly adjust your torso to keep you target in sight.
Do your self a favor get a joystick with a twist axis or rudder pedals, you have more control over your mech with an axis than a key.
As the saying goes a good big fighter will beat a good small fighter, same with a mech a good joystick pilot will beat a good , keyboard & mouse pilot.

I've got a Logitech Force 3D Pro, I'll hook it up :D

EDIT: Ah... So much better :D Thanks! But it will take a bit to get used to :blink:

Edited by ElectroPulse, 08 July 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#5 CasualT

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

I think that I am going to wait until the Artemis comes out to get it and hold off on buying another joystick.

#6 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Right down near the bottom of the list of controls there's an command to toggle auto-centre which can be bound to a spare key if you haven't already done it by now. :)

#7 Adm Awesome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

I actually never knew that, I might want to turn that force center off then. The radar is a huge help remembering where your legs are pointed it since it shows two strait lines, one for where your torsoe is aimed at and one where your legs are pointed at. I recently downloaded the game and am trying it out to get used to mech battles before MWO comes out. I really can tell what they mean by the necessity to balance the game though... my mech is an Atlas, and I have three other mercs in my lance, one in an Awesome, another in a Stalker and the last in a daishi and we wipe the floor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users