Thanks for the event, and all the free loot! :D

#2 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:30 AM

I'll be glad to see the back of it.

It brings out all the lemmings and if you're in a slow mech you're fu*ked. 9 games out of 10 in this event are entitled little ****** out to farm their own points and to hell with anyone else.

The sooner this sh*t is over, the sooner PUG's may decide they want to win games again. Then perhaps only 8 out of 10 games will lemming across the map and ignore their Assaults. Progress.

"Play a faster mech" is a ******** response. An event, and the game shouldn't be that broken.

#3 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:38 AM

View PostRandom Carnage, on 31 October 2015 - 01:30 AM, said:

I'll be glad to see the back of it.

It brings out all the lemmings and if you're in a slow mech you're fu*ked. 9 games out of 10 in this event are entitled little ****** out to farm their own points and to hell with anyone else.

The sooner this sh*t is over, the sooner PUG's may decide they want to win games again. Then perhaps only 8 out of 10 games will lemming across the map and ignore their Assaults. Progress.

"Play a faster mech" is a ******** response. An event, and the game shouldn't be that broken.

I guess isnt the event, it's because of week end players... All week ends i see this king of people who play this game like a COD one. Camping behind a door, rushing while jumping ? Plz go play COD.

#4 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:44 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 31 October 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

I guess isnt the event, it's because of week end players... All week ends i see this king of people who play this game like a COD one. Camping behind a door, rushing while jumping ? Plz go play COD.

My personal favorite was the guy that buzzed me in a Jenner when I was playing a Streak36 Mad Dog. After he tanked a full spread he should have hid from me, but he didn't. When he dropped you wouldn't believe how much he whined.

Edited by Escef, 31 October 2015 - 01:47 AM.

#5 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:47 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 31 October 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

Bollocks. Many names are easily recognisable in game and those that should know better have traded down to fast mechs for the event and are playing for their own scores. Some very well known names do not give a crap about team play this event. I've been watching them. They just are not interested in supporting their Assaults like you'd normally see them do other times.

#6 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:49 AM

View PostEscef, on 31 October 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

My personal favorite was the guy that buzzed me twice in a Jenner when I was playing a Streak36 Mad Dog. First time he tanked a full spread, should have known what he was in for when he buzzed past me a second time. When he dropped you wouldn't believe how much he whined.

36 streaks ? Well in my opinion playing a heavy full streaks boat is a shame or maybe you have ping issues ( thing i can understand since oceanic server event 450 ping xD) which disallow you to use properly others weapons which need the player aim himself.
You sure there isnt streaks in COD?

#7 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:51 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 31 October 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

36 streaks ? Well in my opinion playing a heavy full streaks boat is a shame or maybe you have ping issues ( thing i can understand since oceanic server event 450 ping xD) which disallow you to use properly others weapons which need the player aim himself.
You sure there isnt streaks in COD?

Wouldn't know, I've never played COD. But sometimes you just play a Streak boat for s***s and giggles. Didn't stop the guy that got killed from being a whiney little d-bag.

#8 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:59 AM

View PostRandom Carnage, on 31 October 2015 - 01:47 AM, said:

Bollocks. Many names are easily recognisable in game and those that should know better have traded down to fast mechs for the event and are playing for their own scores. Some very well known names do not give a crap about team play this event. I've been watching them. They just are not interested in supporting their Assaults like you'd normally see them do other times.

But in same time why support assauts if you know there is weekend players into ?
You know thoses kind of players who take a lrms dire for play in conquest mode coze they feel better with 100tons of steel.

( hey i just go one dire like that ... he complain about thoses lights who kill him in back )
Anyway 90% of weekend players don't khow how play properly theirs role warfare ... and of course event, and weekend increase thoses sorts of players

#9 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:05 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 31 October 2015 - 01:59 AM, said:

You know thoses kind of players who take a lrms dire for play in conquest mode coze they feel better with 100tons of steel.

It feels like 100 tonnes of paper most games :(

#10 Rahveel

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:27 AM

well, I'm enjoying the event, sorry you all aren't. free premium time, free mech, free cockpit items, free MC.... all good by me lol :P

#11 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:21 AM

Agree with OP, thank you PGI.

#12 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:32 AM

TBH I play the same way regardless of events or not and 7-8 matches out of 10 I'll make 150+ match score easily, supporting your teammates and working together is an easier way to ensure that. Rather than running off and "sniping" while your team mates tank for you. Then again what do I know, i'm just an average middle of the road player that prefers CW to the public queues, meh.

At OP, I completely agree. This type of event is more enjoyable than the leaderboard style; fun, relaxing and loads of freebies.

Big thumbs up PGI :D

#13 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:28 AM

I'll much on Halloween Candy to the tune of the OP!

Now if only I could get lucky and draw that Timby!

#14 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostEscef, on 31 October 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

My personal favorite was the guy that buzzed me in a Jenner when I was playing a Streak36 Mad Dog. After he tanked a full spread he should have hid from me, but he didn't. When he dropped you wouldn't believe how much he whined.

Poor fool, every decent jenner pilot knows that you run past the streak boat, find cover, and then come back in a couple minutes to extract revenge.

#15 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:17 AM

Posted Image

#16 Atlasian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

Thanks PGI. Got my TBR-C.
I'm a happy Mechwarrior now :D

#17 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

I like the extra tidbits of cbills and cockpit stuff from events.

Any time I try to run an assault (100 tons of paper lol, so true) I'm regretful. I feel way more vulnerable in my assaults than my lights.

Anyways, happy to get all the goodies.

#18 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostRahveel, on 31 October 2015 - 01:03 AM, said:

Thanks for the event, and all the free loot! :D

naw man PGI screwed me...75 grabs no TBR-C? What the heck man... who cares if I got like an extra 12 million cbills, and like a 1500 MC.....

GOSH! ;)

#19 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 October 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

naw man PGI screwed me...75 grabs no TBR-C? What the heck man... who cares if I got like an extra 12 million cbills, and like a 1500 MC.....

GOSH! ;)

Whats funny is that's what exactly happened to me, but I also got free mech bays, hanging items and what not. B)

But who cares all about that, I can get 1,000 grab items and win all my games but still be a loser because I didn't get the Timby. I should have sacrificed more slow Assault team mates to the mech gods. :P

Edited by Coralld, 31 October 2015 - 06:14 PM.

#20 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

View PostRandom Carnage, on 31 October 2015 - 01:47 AM, said:

Is that solo or group que. Big groups do get hit very hard on tonnage rules right now. Just saying those people may not have a choice if they want to group with friends. You kind have to bring a speedster if your in a 10 man or more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users