- - - - -

Mech Body Turns To Left With No Input

6 replies to this topic

#1 sneakyB

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:41 PM

Hi. I downloaded the game free-to-play. The game looks great. I'd like to buy it but when I enter a training scenario my mec's body scrolls (turns slowly) to the left. I can fight this a little with opposite mouse input/movement but this makes the game unplayable.

I am using a joystick and rudder pedals as well as a TrackIR device. Other games on the PC have no issue.

Anyone know what may be happening and what specific game setting is needed to correct this?

Edited by sneakyB, 19 December 2015 - 06:43 PM.

#2 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:16 AM

Try to unplug your stick/rudder.
Probably, some calibrating issue would be my guess

Edited by Antecursor Venatus, 20 December 2015 - 02:17 AM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:46 AM

View PostsneakyB, on 19 December 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Hi. I downloaded the game free-to-play. The game looks great. I'd like to buy it but when I enter a training scenario my mec's body scrolls (turns slowly) to the left. I can fight this a little with opposite mouse input/movement but this makes the game unplayable.

I am using a joystick and rudder pedals as well as a TrackIR device. Other games on the PC have no issue.

Anyone know what may be happening and what specific game setting is needed to correct this?

I heard about a bug a while ago where track IR causes the Mech torso to twist, I think that may be a problem, try disabeling trackir for a few matches to see of that fixes it, if so try sitting more centuraly to the screen so trackir does not think you are looking to the side.

if not perhaps check your joystick is properly configured

you cannot buy the game, it is free to play. if you want to support it there are many things you can spend money on, mostly to speed earnings or get stuff more quickly

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 20 December 2015 - 02:48 AM.

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:51 AM

View PostsneakyB, on 19 December 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

So MWO gets finicky when you have multiple peripherals plugged in.

If you are using mouse and keyboard, and there's a joystick plugged in, the mech will turn left on it's own.

I would assume the same happens vice versa. So try unplugging any peripherals you're not using to control the mech.

Jedi mentioned the TrackIR bug, and I'm not sure they worked it out or not, so that's another thing to consider.

#5 sneakyB

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:43 AM

All, thanks very much for the quick and focused replies. Unplugging the joystick devices solved the problem.

The TrackIr is and was already working as expected.

This is great; thanks again !

#6 Ih8tevictors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCurrently out of my mind, Try again latter

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:15 AM

Also try adjusting the dead zones on the joy stick.

#7 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:41 AM

View PostsneakyB, on 20 December 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

All, thanks very much for the quick and focused replies. Unplugging the joystick devices solved the problem.

The TrackIr is and was already working as expected.

This is great; thanks again !

Happy to help. Glad it worked out for you. XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users