280 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:06 PM

It has become glaringly apparent that the last balance pass has swung things too far in favor of IS mechs.

Two easy fixes: remove all negative quirks from clan mechs and restore gaus to it's previous cooldown.

Let's start with that and reevaluate in a month.

While we're really enjoying our time in the Inner Sphere..... this has become ridiculous.

#2 Feaad

Rookie

• The Nimble
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:07 PM

I was just going to post about this.

The issue is a combination of TTK with the structure quirks and the extra tonnage. The TTK in solo and Quick matches makes it much closer, which is fine. Change the tonnages back to 240 for both, then evaluate after a few weeks.

Clans are doing more Total damage than IS, but still losing 35-48. It's also almost impossible to Defend when IS can send so much weight in their rushes...repetitively.

#3 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostFeaad, on 24 December 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

I was just going to post about this.

The issue is a combination of TTK with the structure quirks and the extra tonnage. The TTK in solo and Quick matches makes it much closer, which is fine. Change the tonnages back to 240 for both, then evaluate after a few weeks.

Clans are doing more Total damage than IS, but still losing 35-48. It's also almost impossible to Defend when IS can send so much weight in their rushes...repetitively.

I'd rather fool with tonnage changes later...... these massive sledgehammer changes all coming at the same time... tonnage, weapons, and structure changes all happening at once is too much, it swings balance too much at once without really understanding the consequences.

Edit: maybe IS having 255 might not be a bad idea... shouldn't be able to bring 4 thunderbolts and maybe some change on clan side as well.

I'm in favor of having lower weight limits for a small percentage of planets too... say a 200 limit.. just to make it interesting.

Edited by Jack Booted Thug, 24 December 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#4 SkippyT72

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:52 PM

View PostJack Booted Thug, on 24 December 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

I'd rather fool with tonnage changes later...... these massive sledgehammer changes all coming at the same time... tonnage, weapons, and structure changes all happening at once is too much, it swings balance too much at once without really understanding the consequences.

Edit: maybe IS having 255 might not be a bad idea... shouldn't be able to bring 4 thunderbolts and maybe some change on clan side as well.

I'm in favor of having lower weight limits for a small percentage of planets too... say a 200 limit.. just to make it interesting.

Atlas is strong with this one........

Structure is OP right Jack....lol

Truthfully though, the extra structure combines with the extra tonnage does make the IS teams have a HUGE durability advantage as far as the total damage it takes for a clan team to hope for a victory, both need to be toned down a little for sure.

#5 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:54 PM

View PostJack Booted Thug, on 24 December 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

It has become glaringly apparent that the last balance pass has swung things too far in favor of IS mechs.

Two easy fixes: remove all negative quirks from clan mechs and restore gaus to it's previous cooldown.

Let's start with that and reevaluate in a month.

While we're really enjoying our time in the Inner Sphere..... this has become ridiculous.

had to sneak that second one in therePosted Image

#6 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:10 PM

So the fact that CW limit increase that allows 265 tons to be brought by IS has nothing to do with it? For newer players, especially Steam - that is an Atlas/King Crab, T-bolt, Enforcer and Hunchback.

Stalker/Battlemaster, 2T-bolts, Blackjack. 4 T-bolts, hmm....

Gotta Posted Image

Nay, I think it was because of the Steam Launch that the weight limits were increased, bring more armor to soak up damage while the more experienced players attempt to carry harder :)

Edited by Half Ear, 24 December 2015 - 10:33 PM.

#7 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:12 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 24 December 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

had to sneak that second one in therePosted Image

I won't lie... nerfing gaus severely hurt my clan drop deck. And I would argue that it hurt clans mechs in general for those of us that like pairing gaus with lasers much more than it affected inner sphere.

You want to buff inner sphere structure fine... just don't take gaus away. It was a major over reaction by PGI in my opinion... to a weapon that takes time to master when pairing with lasers, crits easily, and explodes when destroyed.

if you couldn't tell.... i'm quite butthurt over it.

#8 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

View PostSkippyT72, on 24 December 2015 - 08:52 PM, said:

Atlas is strong with this one........

Structure is OP right Jack....lol

Truthfully though, the extra structure combines with the extra tonnage does make the IS teams have a HUGE durability advantage as far as the total damage it takes for a clan team to hope for a victory, both need to be toned down a little for sure.

Tonnage probably will need to come down a bit, I wish PGI would make these kinds of changes in smaller increments. But, they didn't, and we have it lopsided inner sphere.

Although, the Atlas is where it should be right now. It's only good as a brawler and that's it. If you can get close enough to use it... you should be rewarded.

#9 100mile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:25 PM

It's awesome that things are finally about balanced and the clanners are whining because they don't get to just roll over the IS teams anymore...and that they are masquerading as IS to make these posts so it looks like an IS player is saying it....Course they are masquerading as Kurita so it's close enough to clanners not to matter...

#10 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:27 PM

I outright refuse to play Community Warfare in protest of these tonnage changes.

I won't waste my time.

PGI gets no support from me.

#11 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:28 PM

Honestly though, it almost appears that the IS got most of the quirks from the lost efficiencies... or rather from the reduction of them in the trees.

In retrospect (I've said it before though), that even the Clan mechs need some of that back.. though probably not ALL of it. The fact that this change came in CONJUNCTION with the Clan XL side torso nerf probably is a bit much.

Note that the already bad Clan mechs were affected LESS by this change.. but still would also need a readjustment in the form of a buff.

Gauss on the other hand got an overnerf... mostly in due part with the lame charge time (effectively 6.25 second wait when you add cooldown+charge up time). Rolling that back at least .25s would be going in the right direction.

Edited by Deathlike, 24 December 2015 - 10:29 PM.

#12 Doomerang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:34 AM

If Clans weren't OP then they would not need all of these nerfs that they keep getting alongside the IS buffs. Just accept what everyone has been saying -- we're bad players and should uninstall. I know I'm seriously considering it.

#13 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:42 AM

View Post100mile, on 24 December 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

It's awesome that things are finally about balanced and the clanners are whining because they don't get to just roll over the IS teams anymore...and that they are masquerading as IS to make these posts so it looks like an IS player is saying it....Course they are masquerading as Kurita so it's close enough to clanners not to matter...

Tell you what, queue up for defense on one of your planets or grow a pair and actually attack a Kuita planet and we will happily demonstrate what we can do to you in your poor underpowered IS mechs.

#14 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:06 AM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 25 December 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

Tell you what, queue up for defense on one of your planets or grow a pair and actually attack a Kuita planet and we will happily demonstrate what we can do to you in your poor underpowered IS mechs.

I was gonna post something to this ummm.... person, but you beat me to it and as one that has had to actually PLAY you guys in the IS mechs and not just post here all day, it can make for a LONG drop when your blasting away at all that extra structure and the flow of assault mechs you now see in the IS drop decks of teams that actually know what they are doing.

Nice drop again tonight gent's. Even if Jack did blow my hunchback IIC away the bum....

Edited by Leggin Ho, 25 December 2015 - 02:07 AM.

#15 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:44 AM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 25 December 2015 - 02:06 AM, said:

I was gonna post something to this ummm.... person, but you beat me to it and as one that has had to actually PLAY you guys in the IS mechs and not just post here all day, it can make for a LONG drop when your blasting away at all that extra structure and the flow of assault mechs you now see in the IS drop decks of teams that actually know what they are doing.

Nice drop again tonight gent's. Even if Jack did blow my hunchback IIC away the bum....

View PostLeggin Ho, on 25 December 2015 - 02:06 AM, said:

We've had some really fun matches playing against you guys this past week. Too bad the defend que is so lopsided right now or we'd que up more on the falcon front.

That match earlier in the week or Vitric... the atlas ambush first wave had us rolling. Nice recovery though, I dropped the ball with a bad call second wave.

Atlas smash is a blast, gotta get it in before they take it away.

Edited by Jack Booted Thug, 25 December 2015 - 03:03 AM.

#16 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:04 AM

I do feel like the Atlas buffs are really really strong. I charge out, I go down, it's 12-1 and I'm the only death. A lot of this is due to the fact that by the time my atlas finally goes down, my entire team has had enough time to charge in after me and it's too difficult for the opponent to focus down targets when there are so many to choose from. The clans have nothing at their disposal like this.

#17 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:56 AM

Who was it again that predicted the IS would be the true boogymen?

#18 hargneux

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 104 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 25 December 2015 - 04:00 AM

LMAO. You see that IS Exemplar badge Jack is sporting in his forum sig ? He earned that, kicking clammer *** on Tukayyid 1. Your argument is invalid.

#19 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 25 December 2015 - 04:13 AM

it isnt the first time, PGI swings the Nerf Hammer over all end everything connected to clan whilst pilig Buffs and quirks over IS like its raining sweets on carneval or christmas,.. oh wait it IS Christmas
So its very obvious on what side theyr hart is beating

bevore the december nerfs and buffing IS over the hill clan was in a light disadvantage
Now with heatnerf agility Nerf weapons Dropweight and so on whilst simultanuously buffing IS really did it
whilst all clan mechs get that skilltree nerfing by aoo -20% IS Mechs get +55acc and decc quirks as well as +35% torso turn speed so thats a really fair deal * sarcasm off*

As some hoped to see inteligent or at least considerated chassis specific balancing we get the big Club again

in that way there s no Difference between IGP and PGI somehow predicable but nevertheless dissappointing

Edited by Russhuster, 25 December 2015 - 04:58 AM.

#20 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 December 2015 - 04:45 AM

Currently sitting at:

Rank 18 Smoke Jag
Rank 16 Kurita (about 20 matches away from 17, majority of that during phase 1, you know, when clans were OP)
Rank 13 Falcon
Rank 5 Marik

So, indeed I have played a bit more on the clan side... but I've played inner sphere my fair share, so I feel like I have a pretty good perspective on where the balance is right now, or I should say where it isn't.

Maybe it's a good thing right now for the steam release.... new players tend to buy inner sphere mechs first, so they fair a bit better than they would otherwise.

So... maybe there is a reason behind this, but I can tell you it isn't balance, because it's illogical to make such sweeping changes all at once and to the degree to which they were made.

Oh, and the reason we are attacking you isn't because we are clanners in disguise (although smoke jag will always hold a special place in my heart), it's because we don't have anyone else to attack.

That, and because you're Davions. And nobody, and I mean nobody likes Davions.

Edited by Jack Booted Thug, 25 December 2015 - 04:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users