4 replies to this topic

#1 A HeadlessChicken

• PipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGO ROYALS!!!

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:07 AM

I own 3 Arctic Cheetahs. I've leveled all of the elite skills and I'm going to soon have the master skill unlocked.

I also own 3 Locusts. all of them have the basic skills done, and I'm nearly complete with the elite skills on those as well.

My Q is this: Do I actually need to level all of them to Master? I only play the other 2 chassis because I have to, not because I want to.

Like, I plan on keeping my LCT-PB but the other 2 I don't care about at all.

Same way with the AC's. I have the Prime, but I don't really like the other 2 so much.

Any advice?

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:46 AM

Okay, locusts, I could see selling. Once they're all elited, you don't need to keep the other two around. You can still master the Priates Bane, since the others'll count as still elited.

But the Cheetah? You do realize you can move about omnipods, thus arranging you other variants to more amenable load outs yes? I do not see why you cannot like your other like your prime? (Also, I suggest mastering two of em, so that you'll have three mastered, and thus need not elite all you lights on your next chassis.)

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 25 December 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:40 AM

View PostHedlessChickn, on 25 December 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

I own 3 Arctic Cheetahs. I've leveled all of the elite skills and I'm going to soon have the master skill unlocked.

I also own 3 Locusts. all of them have the basic skills done, and I'm nearly complete with the elite skills on those as well.

My Q is this: Do I actually need to level all of them to Master? I only play the other 2 chassis because I have to, not because I want to.

Like, I plan on keeping my LCT-PB but the other 2 I don't care about at all.

Same way with the AC's. I have the Prime, but I don't really like the other 2 so much.

Any advice?

to unlock master for a light you need elite completed on 3 or more Light Mechs, including the one you want to master, so e.g. if you have already completed elite on 2 Locusts you only need to complete it on 1 ACH to unlock master for all future lights,

after completing the basic skills on a Mech you can sell it and it still counts as basic completed to allow elite and master.

however I do not recommend selling Mechs unless you cannot get more Mechbays, due to the very poor resail value (50% the value of the bare chassis without any upgrades), and if you do sell Mechs I recommend against selling equipment, as you will want most of it later, and you only get 50% equipment value if you sell

play all your games for the current stocking stuffer event and you will almost definitely get at least a few Mechbays
to claim your prizes at the following link
http://mwomercs.com/...=201512stocking

sorry, final edit,

there is a sale starting sometime tomorrow (probably 10am EST, 6PM UCT(GMT) for half price on all hero Mechs, that would be the perfect time to get the Locust Pirates Bane Hero Mech if you like your Locusts, for $6.95 you can get that and a Mechbay

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 25 December 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#4 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

the simple on the DL....

3 Mechs of one type, to unlock elites of any given mech... aka Ravens or firestarter ect

3 Light mechs of any kind to elite, unlocks master, Still need 3 mechs of one type to get to basics first.. but after that one raven, one fire starter, one urban.. would do it...

works that way for all mechs.. mediums, heavy, assault

Though i always say, the best way to do so, is just get 3 mechs, cap all 3 at elite, and then from that point on you only need to do your 3 basics.. that said, I always keep my mechs.. even if they are not that great. Online games change and i work to hard to get them in the first place. Buy a bunch of bays on sale, or use the freebees.. Unless you want 100's of mechs, it's really not all that costly.. I have about 50 mechs now, Spent about 100 bucks on everything, and that includes, paint, bays, and heroes.. Then again i do wait for sales often to get a bit more mileage from my buck. But when i need some bays.. it's worth just buying as needed..

#5 A HeadlessChicken

• PipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGO ROYALS!!!

Posted 25 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the info all. I think I have a better handle on what is going on .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users