#3 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostMechWarriorBK, on 25 December 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

I like the general concept, but you could up-engine it a bit, to use one more in-engine DHS, and then add FF:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ca43958b923510d

3xSRM2 are damn nice and lightweight backup armament, after the SRM buffs. Especially when they're housed in a single component, it's almost like firing an LB-10X with the tight clustering you get, but weighs 3 tons instead of 11. Highly underrated.

I'm now hoping I win the mech, no luck so far. Posted Image

#4 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:57 PM

Usually I got with the XL250, 3 SRM4s and an AC20. 2 tons of ammo for the AC20 and 2.5 tons for the SRMs. Its pretty light on ammo, but it can still dish out some pain while its alive.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 25 December 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

Usually I got with the XL250, 3 SRM4s and an AC20. 2 tons of ammo for the AC20 and 2.5 tons for the SRMs. Its pretty light on ammo, but it can still dish out some pain while its alive.

if you have the XL250 laying around great, but if you are buying one get the 255 instead, higher speed for the same weight

#6 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

AC-20, 4 tons ammo, dual SRM4's, 2 1/2 tons ammo, XL-265 I skip the extra launcher for more ammo, that extra 2 tons, is gold, compared to a slightly bigger alpha, over 200 damage more over the course of the game. This mech is ammo hungry.

To me 2's on this mech you need to much face time.. and 3 4's are just to heavy.. dual 4's are the sweet spot, to each his own i suppose..

Use that left arm to shield with, and brawl like a centurion! One of the best brawlers around..

View PostDakota1000, on 25 December 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

Honestly try my set up, and drop that extra SRM launcher.. I think you will be pleasantly surprised, you can even squeeze in a slightly bigger engine :).

Edited by JC Daxion, 25 December 2015 - 05:25 PM.

#7 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:01 PM

Allow me to offer an Alternative concept. And then, if you like concept, you can invest further. Eventually deciding to get a different engine, maybe something XL to go faster, or something smaller, for more Firepower!

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 25 December 2015 - 09:41 PM.

#8 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:03 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 25 December 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

if you have the XL250 laying around great, but if you are buying one get the 255 instead, higher speed for the same weight

Yeah, I never had a 255, but had some 250s around from the Enforcers I tried out, kinda forgot about the 255.

View PostJC Daxion, on 25 December 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

AC-20, 4 tons ammo, dual SRM4's, 2 1/2 tons ammo, XL-265 I skip the extra launcher for more ammo, that extra 2 tons, is gold, compared to a slightly bigger alpha, over 200 damage more over the course of the game. This mech is ammo hungry.

To me 2's on this mech you need to much face time.. and 3 4's are just to heavy.. dual 4's are the sweet spot, to each his own i suppose..

Use that left arm to shield with, and brawl like a centurion! One of the best brawlers around..

Honestly try my set up, and drop that extra SRM launcher.. I think you will be pleasantly surprised, you can even squeeze in a slightly bigger engine Posted Image.

That extra speed and ammo does sound pretty tempting, guess I'll keep the extra launcher for any duels or small matches I do, but use the extra ammo for pugging.

#9 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:16 PM

I armed mine with an XL 275, 3xSRM6 with 4 tons of ammo, and 3 MG's with 1 ton of ammo and some DHS. I actually enjoy this build.

#10 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:27 PM

Boom.

You, too, can make Timberwolves soil their trousers.

#11 Goritude

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 45 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:08 AM

So you are suggesting me to keep me and equip him when I have enough C-bills ?

But that would mean buying 2 more variants. Also I already have a medium mech (stormcrow, only mech I own). So a second stable onf medium mech is extremely low on my priority list. I want first pilot modules, 3 light variants, 3 heavy and 3 assault.

If I sell the Centurion, I get 700 000+ cb, that's a lot.

#12 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:40 AM

Keep the mech, that way when you eventually come to choose your next medium mech, you'll already have one to use and try out

Edited by FreebirthToad18999, 26 December 2015 - 03:41 AM.

#13 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:05 AM

View PostGoritude, on 26 December 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

But that would mean buying 2 more variants. Also I already have a medium mech (stormcrow, only mech I own). So a second stable onf medium mech is extremely low on my priority list. I want first pilot modules, 3 light variants, 3 heavy and 3 assault.

not compaired to the 3.5-4 million a Centurion costs to buy.

I also suggest keeping it, unless you are only interested in Clan Mechs

#14 Goritude

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 45 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:34 AM

Okay, I will keep him. Game has enough depth for long term commitment.

#15 Spetulhu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:31 AM

View PostGoritude, on 26 December 2015 - 04:34 AM, said:

Okay, I will keep him.

Not to mention if you go Faction Warfare you'll need Is mechs when fighting for an IS employer. A medium at that weight is a pretty good thing to have when sorting out your four mechs for the dropship. Some of the trial mechs work ofc, at no investment at all - but a mech you've customized to your preferences and loaded up even with just consumables (say arty strike and a cooling shot) on the module front will probably do better.

#16 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:45 AM

View PostGoritude, on 26 December 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

For a new player.. It sounds like a lot, But once you know how to play, that is just 2 good matches.. 7 bad ones.. in an hour you should be able to earn that.

You say you have stormcrows, But i must say, cent's are completely different in terms of game play. Learning another way to play mediums will make you a better player, and give you insite on how others have to play their set-ups... all good things. An IS ac-20 is a blast.. poor clanners have nothing like it.

It also looks like the cents are on sale.. so you could pick up the Cent A, and AL for around 4.5m for both! That's a pretty sweet deal. so two more mechs! then worry about upgrading them and play um later.

Also playing lights, heavies and assaults are all completely different. You might find you like them more or not.. it is hard to say. But they all will have a pretty steep learning curve on top of what you are playing.. the cent, will let you play a style a bit more like what you are used to as a new player in an Stromcrow.. also, it might not be a bad time to check out the IS side of things.. weapon systems work different, and you might enjoy them more, it is hard to say with out trying.

Free mech, mechs on sale.. It is worth going for it..

Edited by JC Daxion, 26 December 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#17 Precentor Ward

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:47 AM

Boom *******! Build it like this, save up your votes and go trounce in mordor Posted Image

Best build, hands down, got me so many kills with this beast. Worry not about the ammo in CT, it's fine. The AH is a mech that benifits hugely from good tactics, it brawls, thats it, keep your distancing/situational awareness high and profit whilst timberpuppies overheat and shut down whilst you pound them to oblivion Posted Image

Edit: Link didn't work, here it is all nice and dirty

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fa2f794c04037d8

Edited by Precentor Ward, 26 December 2015 - 06:50 AM.

#18 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:04 AM

View PostGoritude, on 25 December 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

He is almost naked !

What should I do with him ? Sell him ?

CN9-AH Galahad I have no problems leading charges with this guy, and he hits HARD.

#19 Goritude

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 45 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:10 AM

I tested the stock (naked) Centurion on the battlefield. Although our team lost, I managed a kill and several assists. Score 175, enough for the event.

I depleted ammo of both weapons. Ammo would be my first buy to upgrade.

I'm loving this Centurion. He has potential. Like his pilot... Posted Image

Btw I find the regular prices of the story very high. But with discounts and generous events, game is much more affordable.

#20 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:13 AM

Yes... Upgrade to endo- steel, and add ammo first..(ac 20 ammo!) It is a rather cheap upgrade.. and will let you enjoy the mech. But this mech will not shine till you stuff in a bigger XL engine.

Honestly, you have your 3 stormcrows.. I would just grind with them to make your money for now.. and get the other 2 chasis while ya can Posted Image You might even unlock premium time, and with this event and the bonus cash you should have the 4.5m ya need in no time... Then buy that XL-265, and play with all 3 swapping the engine around.

One last thing about IS XL engines.. they are not like clan, if you loose a side torso, you die.. but the good thing here is, cents are very XL friendly and spread damage extremely well, by twisting.. and Use that left arm as a shield to soak damage.

Edited by JC Daxion, 26 December 2015 - 08:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users