http://mwomercs.com/...ng-for-mentors/

#3 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

Read the New Player Forums. I'd say got through about the first 5-10 pages and scan the topics and read what people have questions about. You'll get answers to questions you never knew you had and be well ahead of the curve in doing so.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

Welcome to MWO.
If you can think of anything to ask, please go ahead and do so.

#5 Kenneth Kell

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:33 PM

I have to say i am very Impressed with how helpful the community seems to be here and the low toxicity levels on the forums. See you all on the Battle Field

#6 ViperDragon

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:32 AM

Great.

1. How do I utilize & improve the TRAIL Mechs ?
2. Do the Trails remain in my inventory forever ?
3. How do I purchase a costume MECH ?
4. Advantage of NOT using the trial Mechs ?
5. How do I confirm receiving all tutorial credits ?

6. How do I add/view friends list ?

Edited by ViperDragon, 03 January 2016 - 07:41 AM.

#7 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:03 AM

View PostViperDragon, on 03 January 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

Great.

1. How do I utilize & improve the TRAIL Mechs ?
2. Do the Trails remain in my inventory forever ?
3. How do I purchase a costume MECH ?
4. Advantage of NOT using the trial Mechs ?
5. How do I confirm receiving all tutorial credits ?

6. How do I add/view friends list ?

1) the trial Mechs have fixed loadouts, think of them as rentals, you would not be allowed to modify a rental car so you cannot modify the trial Mechs

2) they are not in your inventory, you can remove them from the Mech select screen by setting the owned filter

3) what do you mean by costume Mech? if you mean cammo for your owned Mech on a Mech you own go to the camo spec tab and make changes, just in case you misspelt custom go to the store and purchase the Mech you are after

4) if you have your own Mech it is yours, you can customize it to make it suit your playstyle better

5) check the achievements, there is a category for training or tutorial I do not remember which, if you have them all completed and if there are levels you have gold, then you have received all the tutorial credits.
there is also a "cadet Bonus" which shows up in achievements amounting to 12.5 million on top of the 5 million for the tutorial, and match earnings, you should have at minimum 18.5 million after your first 25 games and the tutorial are completed, that is enough to buy and outfit any Mech, or buy and outfit 2-3 cheaper Mechs

8) bottom of the screen, about 2/3 of the way to the right is a button with 3 head ans shoulders silhouettes on it, click on that to bring up the in game friends list, then click add friend and type in the player name to add friends. they will not show up until/unless the player accepts your friend request

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 03 January 2016 - 08:05 AM.

#8 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:04 AM

1. trial mechs can't be changed. they are their just to give you the ability to try a variety of chassis without having to purchase them.
2.you can use a trial mech whenever but note that the trial mechs available at any one time will change over time.
3.you mean how do you purchase your first mech? that is a big step so i recommend you complete the cadet bonus in trials. try all the trial mechs available and then do some thinking. What kind of weapon systems do you like, what size of mech you seem to run better in, how fast do you prefer to go etc. then do some research on the forums/ask in forums for good first mechs.
4. mechs you own can be modified to fit your play style.
5. the achievement tab in the upper left corner screen. click it and scroll down towards the bottom.
6.friends tab is at the bottom of the screen.

note, for your first mech while there are a wide variety of mechs available generally mechs in the medium or heavy category make for the best first mech purchase, but by no means required (i started on Jenners). With that said mechs such as a hunchback, stormcrow, timberwolf, Jagermech and thunderbolt are considered good first mech purchases. I usually recommend a hunchback or a stormcrow as first mechs. Hunchbacks are a lot cheaper but not quite as durable and they both are capable of running a wide variety of loadouts. You will also want to look at least 3 varients of a chassis when looking to purchase a mech so you can get the elite skills for the chassis.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users