- - - - -

Issues With Start-Up

9 replies to this topic

#1 AtomicFunk

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

Hello gamers. I do apologize if this has been covered already. Having an issue with starting the game on windows10. Coming up with the 0xc000007b error. Tried a bunch of different things and nothing seems to work. Everything seems to be up to date. Tried a bunch of internet searches on the subject, and nothing seems to work. Any ideas? thx.

#2 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:30 PM

I run MWO in Windows 10 and haven't had any issues except a random "application has been blocked from accessing the graphics card"

Have you tried running the repair tool?

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:29 AM

if you have not already done so install directx 9 and the visual c++ redistributable, in both cases it may say there is a newer version already installed but install them anyway.

I am not sure if that will be your problem but installing those 2 does fix many installation problems with 8 and 10

#4 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:51 AM

And maybe check if you have a 32 or 64 bit system and check the launcher settings.
Launcher, where you can press on the big "play" button. Top right corner is a gear symbol, there can be set tomstart in 32 or 64 bit mode.

#5 AtomicFunk

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:12 AM

Yup, tried all that already, still coming up with the same error. Driving me pretty crazy. Would love to try the game. thx for the help tho :)

just got different error XINPUT1_3.dll is missing. will try installing that, lets see what happens

#6 AtomicFunk

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:23 AM

got the game to work on 32 bit option in the game launcher settings. strange. i do have 64bit, oh well...

#7 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:14 AM

I'm not that educated with DirectX, but I have seen, that these "missing DLLs" errors are related to directX.
I'd say by changing the bit-version of the game, you force the system to use another library (DLL).
(Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Maybe, just guessing, you can go inside the game -> Settings and check what directX Version there is used. Try to change it to the other one, most likely directX11 (not sure if directX9 is even supported/available for Windows 10). After that restart the game and change it in the launcher to 64 bit again.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:31 AM

are you installing through Steam or the installer on this site? possibly try the other install option

#9 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:36 AM

He should have installed through the standalone (from the website). Through steam you don't get the launcher window with the gear symbol^^

#10 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:38 AM

And then there is the issue if.....and prominently.....why the heck everybody thinks an operating system that is distributed chargefree, that is known to cause hardware failures, that is known to be even more insecure than even JAVA applications, that is known to have massive issues with driver compatibility, would be a good idea to use for gaming ?

Maybe you should consider to simply downgrade to win 7 or 8.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users