King-Of-The-Hill Gamemode

2 replies to this topic

#1 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:51 PM

In other games throughout the years, I've seen a game mode that I think would work very nicely in MWO.

Suggestion:
ADD A "KING OF THE HILL" GAMEMODE

King of the hill is basically Conquest but with only one central point.
Point reverts to neutral immediately if nobody is within the capture zone.
First to 500 resources wins. Timeout = Most resources wins.

The gameplay that would emerge from this would be fantastic...
-- Teams both rush in or approach cautiously. Strategic right from the start!
-- The point is located in the middle of the map, so the attackers would be able to execute two-pronged attacks, or even fully "surround-and-pound" the defenders.
-- Throughout the match, players will be encouraged to decide if they are going to focus on flanking or capping. Defenders could even try a counter-flank lance to dilute enemy flank attacks on the point. King of the Hill enocurages flanking and counter-flanking in a way that makes good use the map geography.
-- A very important point is that when the attackers manage to push the defenders out, the roles switch (Just like in Conquest). With the focus on one single point, the match becomes a "to-and-fro" tug of war.

PGI, please do.
It will be very easy to implement (Just like Conquest, but with only the central point).
It will be something new and different for players to enjoy.

#2 VESS

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

Yes!
I would even Like A CW version where matches are 2 hours long and new players are brought in to replace fallen allies. And It claims a planet for the victor.

#3 sLAyeRiNLovE3

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

Sounds very interesting!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users