Neg Quirks On Timber A

6 replies to this topic

#1 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:56 PM

How noticeable are the neg movement quirks on the Timber A torso? The one with 3 lasers.. It doesn't seem like to much, but was curious before i bought it

#2 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:27 PM

Did you mean the TBR-A Left Torso? 8% laser burn debuff, 5% accel/decel debuff, and the 8% energy CD debuff?

First of all, I'd question the need for more weapons on a mech that already has enough hardpoints to nearly overheat in one alpha. But to answer your question, it's quite noticeable. 5% reduction to accel and decel might not sound like much, but if you are playing with a heavy or assault, you want every last bit of accel and decel you can get.

On top of this; the other debuffs are more severe. Clan lasers already suffer from terrible burn times which let your enemy dodge and torso twist out of whatever damage you will put out. You do NOT want to make this any worse than you have to. Compound this with the cooldown penalty, and you will have your DPS reduced in a big way. Consider that a CERLL takes 1.5 sec to burn, and cools down in 3.25 sec (4.75 sec total to do 11 damage), and you will bump this up to 1.65sec burn + 3.51 sec cooldown (5.16 sec to do 11 damage). Doesn't sound like much, but that's actually 2.31 dps vs 2.13 dps, or a 10% reduction to dps to ALL energy weapons you have on the mech, in addition to giving your opponents more time to spread the damage or dodge it entirely.

Clan energy weapons, at this point, are hugely nerfed due to vastly reduced range. Running them with extra debuffs on top is very unwise. Consider running missiles instead, which run cooler and allow you to dump even bigger alphas on enemies - none of the TBR-D omnipods have negative quirks attached to them.

Remember that the TBR is actually one of the most ridiculously agile heavies. You can use this to get in your enemy's face and dump a metric crapton of hurt on them and make them back away from you.

Try this. TBR-A C-ERLL | 4x C-ERML | 4x C-SRM6

87 alpha, runs relatively cool with 22 C-DHS. You don't have an awful lot of long-range punch with it, but once you get in range your enemies are in for a world of hurt. Switch the ERMLs for SPL if you want to brawl really, REALLY hard. ERML/SRM build gets you 9 DPS without overheating (no ERLL in the mix), and the SPL build can get 11 DPS without overheating. You can effectively burst a single component down in a single alpha, if you so choose.

#3 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:58 PM

I didn't think burn time mattered with Pulse lasers.. Or does it?

#4 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:01 PM

It does. Laser duration still affects pulse lasers since pulse lasers still have a duration

#5 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:32 PM

There's a reason mechs with laser burn reduction quirks and pulse lasers are the kings of poke. It makes a hefty bit of difference; check out the Locust 1V with one LPL sometime for shits and giggles to see the most extreme example of just how much it does. An IS LPL pretty much just goes "pew" with that like an SPL (or faster? Someone can confirm that, but man, fast) with what, under a 1 second burn time?

Any mech with reduced laser burn time pre-rebalance was generally my go to, especially using Pulses; it mean being able to torso twist or get into cover that much faster, especially compared to the sluggish burn times of a Clan opponent.

With the increased structure etc. right now, I'm not so sure the Timber needs quite the neg quirks it still has, though I thought they were warranted pre-rebalance. Not necessarily gone... but eh, someone that has been using them heavily along with IS counterparts lately would be a better judge of that than me.

#6 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:03 AM

well i bought it anyway, just to try,, only a few matches to earn.. so why not... I wanted to try a UAC-20 + 5 ERML's, Seems to work well.. if a little hot. But perhaps i will play this a bit, and then try 4 with out the quirks.. (after i save enough to grab another OMNI.. loving the UAC-20! I'm using the S+ S right torso for 3 JJ's

@wolf, I have been meaning to try a build like that.. but for the time being i have just been playing my C, as i have been grinding money. Mech works pretty well.. But now i got some money to burn trying some new builds Posted Image

Edited by CJ Daxion, 17 January 2016 - 12:06 AM.

#7 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:07 AM

View PostMoebius Pi, on 16 January 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

There's a reason mechs with laser burn reduction quirks and pulse lasers are the kings of poke. It makes a hefty bit of difference; check out the Locust 1V with one LPL sometime for shits and giggles to see the most extreme example of just how much it does. An IS LPL pretty much just goes "pew" with that like an SPL (or faster? Someone can confirm that, but man, fast) with what, under a 1 second burn time?

LCT-1V has a 0.375s burn time on LPL with 1.35s cooldown for a total of 1.725s refire rate (with modules and mastered skills).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users