#1 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image

Reactions?

In general I like them; though the 3N feels rather heavily invested in those two Ballistics slots. I like the enhanced mobility and twist; after running through the Warhammers, I kept coming back to the 5D because it just handles better than the others.

Glad I didn't get an LK; I don't like the paint job or the quirks (poor LBXs). YMMV.

The 5D looks toasty. I like PPC 'mechs, and I like it when they quirk to fit the role of the original 'mech, but I can't understand why they won't issue a few, small fixes to PPC/ERPPCs to fix the obvious issues with them.

The 3C looks like it might be the pick of the litter; at least it'll have a lot of flexibility.

Edited by Malleus011, 15 February 2016 - 01:40 PM.

#2 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

I'm looking forward to it, my new drop deck is going to be:

WHM-6R(S)
RFL-3C(S)
WHM-BW
RFL-LK

30% more space bucks all around!

#3 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:53 PM

It didn't get Blackjack-level AC/2 quirks.

Disappoint.

And generally, this is going to be one hella-squishy 'Mech. Jager supremacy: retained.

#4 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

thisis the 3rd mech with 50% PPC speed quirk. Which only shows that PPC speed in general should be buffed by 50%.

#5 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:33 PM

View Post627, on 15 February 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

thisis the 3rd mech with 50% PPC speed quirk. Which only shows that PPC speed in general should be buffed by 50%.

Well, it is on just the one mech though, unlike the Marauder and Warhammer where the PPCs are pretty much straight-up integral to the mechs themselves... Even then the PPCs are still pretty much junk. I yanked off all the PPCs from those mechs after my first match in the WHM-6R(S).

I don't know what it was, probably hit-reg borking up since I know for a fact I was not within the 90 meter 'dead zone' for PPCs, but I did absolutely piss-all for damage with the PPCs in that first match and basically said F it all.

Sold all my stockpiled IS and Clan PPCs and made close to 20 million C-Bills. Best decision I ever made in the mechlab I think.

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 15 February 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

Posted Image

Reactions?

In general I like them; though the 3N feels rather heavily invested in those two Ballistics slots. I like the enhanced mobility and twist; after running through the Warhammers, I kept coming back to the 5D because it just handles better than the others.

Glad I didn't get an LK; I don't like the paint job or the quirks (poor LBXs). YMMV.

The 5D looks toasty. I like PPC 'mechs, and I like it when they quirk to fit the role of the original 'mech, but I can't understand why they won't issue a few, small fixes to PPC/ERPPCs to fix the obvious issues with them.

The 3C looks like it might be the pick of the litter; at least it'll have a lot of flexibility.

5D makes me want Light PPCs

#7 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 February 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

5D makes me want Light PPCs

Exactly the same weapons roster today as when I started playing 2+ years ago makes me want light PPCs.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

View Post627, on 15 February 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

I'd say 35-40. Got to leave some room to work them ppc carriers

#9 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:36 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 15 February 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

I'm looking forward to it, my new drop deck is going to be:

WHM-6R(S)
RFL-3C(S)
WHM-BW
RFL-LK

30% more space bucks all around!

Same drop deck I thought of for defence. A bit meh for assault on o-gens and gun, as it doesn't carry enough speed.

I'd take it on a pug CW attack though as its virtually unheard of for a pug to be organised for a proper gen rush. Its also virtually unheard of for a pug to attack, which is why they get stomped defending against 12 mans

oh yes the Quirks duh,

I like them Posted Image

Edited by Cathy, 15 February 2016 - 03:37 PM.

#10 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:39 PM

View PostCathy, on 15 February 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

Same drop deck I thought of for defence. A bit meh for assault on o-gens and gun, as it doesn't carry enough speed.

I'd take it on a pug CW attack though as its virtually unheard of for a pug to be organised for a proper gen rush. Its also virtually unheard of for a pug to attack, which is why they get stomped defending against 12 mans

oh yes the Quirks duh,

I like them Posted Image

I've PUG'ed to victory against a 12 man, once and it was like seeing a unicorn being ridden by Bigfoot over a rainbow.... On the flip-side, I've seen people do silly things like take double assault mechs that are slower than my deck is going to be...

#11 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:58 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 15 February 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

I yanked off all the PPCs from those mechs after my first match in the WHM-6R(S).

Might have just been a bad game. My WHM-6R(S) still sports 2 x AC/5 and 2 x PPC and it's one of my more successful builds.

Though my 7S has the strangest luck... basically the same build as the 6D but its WLR and KDR are 3.67 and 4.75 vs a much more normal 1.43 and 1.67 in the 6D. 7S runs 2 LPL and 4 MPL vs 3 LPL and 4 ML in the 6D.

#12 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

3N(S) will run stock plus, 3C gets the quad AC2 or triple AC5 dakka, 5D gets 2xPPC+6xML, and LK gets the AC10s and some MLs because LBX is still crap.

3N looks like the best candidate for a RFLBOOM. 20% ballistic cooldown, 40% velocity... oh yeah, I know what I'm doing with my spare 3N and a couple of AC20s.

#13 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:12 PM

@Roadkill:

I bet you it's the extra heat and longer duration on your 6D doing you in.

I tried putting 2x LPL + 3x ML on my MAD-5D...hasn't been as good as 1x LPL + 4x MPL. 2x SRM4A installed on both versions.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 15 February 2016 - 05:12 PM.

#14 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

Probably gonna slap 6 medium pulse lasers into the 5D and the 3N. Quirks be damned. Im not playing with my riflemen though until I'm done playing with my Jenner IIC, so it remains to be seen how well it will work. I didn't even pay attention to the quirks the Warhammer had and I ended up keeping uh... that one that has three missile hardpoints. Forget it's designation. I put 3 SRM6 and 6 medium lasers in the Warhammer and it is quite possibly my most effective IS Heavy.

#15 Wild Pegasus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostMole, on 17 February 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

Probably gonna slap 6 medium pulse lasers into the 5D and the 3N.

I've seen people doing things similar to this yesterday, and it never ended well. Even with DHS'es out the wazoo the Rifleman is terrible at heat management and doesn't really have the staying power to be a reliable laserboat.

#16 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:54 PM

PPC speed, I'd say, needs to actually be dropped down to 1000m/s for both the regular and the ER. Then, you can buff up the quirks to make it so that PPC carriers where they currently are which is at around 1750m/s. The whole point of the PPC buffs is to make it so that the only people that use PPCs are those that actually were intended to carry them. Sadly, they can't translate that kind of design process to the rest of the weapons in the game to the point where laser vomit is no longer the stupidity that it currently is. Truth be told, though, if PGI is going to keep PPCs in this kind of state, there is absolutely no reason that the 10 and 15 heat costs on the weapons needs to be maintained. Reducing them to 8 and 12.5, respectively, would make them just fine while the lack of quirks would still keep people from boating them/abusing them.

#17 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

View PostSami Starvixen, on 17 February 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

I've seen people doing things similar to this yesterday, and it never ended well. Even with DHS'es out the wazoo the Rifleman is terrible at heat management and doesn't really have the staying power to be a reliable laserboat.

Thought I'd give you an update on this. Just tried my 6 medium pulse lasers and 2 machine guns on my Rifleman. Dropped into a match with the thing and instantly earned myself 5 kills (2 of them solo kills) and 600 damage and survived the match. I even won a 1v1 face-to-face brawl with a Timber Wolf. Seems to be a pretty effective thing to do with a rifleman to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users